Speculation: HFBoards Mock Draft 2013

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Don't know if this has been done before, but it's a long lockout so I decided I'd try it. I ran a lottery simulation a while back and came up with a draft order which can be seen here. I decided that instead of coming up with a mock draft myself I would have the fans of each team vote on their pick. I'll post the collective results once every fanbase has voted.

Columbus, with their first of three first-round picks, have the #6 selection. The players selected with picks 1-5 are Nathan Mackinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Seth Jones, Sean Monahan and Jonathan Drouin. Who would you take with the 6th overall pick?

Last edited:

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Well, if I can't move up into the top 3 I'd take lindholm. I think he's the fourth best guy available after Mackinnon, Jones, and Barkov.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
For purposes of this mock draft, can we say no trading of picks? I know if there actually is a lottery there will be a lot of pick movement, but for now it just makes it easier for me if everyone simply selects a player they want at the pick they have.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I doubt Lindholm is available at #6, but if he was, I would be incredibly happy.

This kid is the real deal. He's playing so well in the SEL as a 17 year old and I was very impressed with his play at the U18. He could have a huge performance at the WJC.

Lindholm is the type of playmaker the Jackets could use, either at center or wing (he's currently playing wing in SEL). He makes amazing passes, but what's also impressive is his hockey sense and ability to make things happen. He's willing to go into traffic, he's not too cute with the puck. His game will translate well to the NHL. He's got a bit of an edge to his game, despite not being that big of a player (he'll probably end up being 6'1, 200).

Last edited:

Ebbisen

Jun 5, 2012
Lurking the HF board
I have not seen any of the NA prospects live or on tv. But i have seen Elias Lindholm and some shifts he is dominating the SEL against men, so if he is left at 6 i would take him and run :)

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
As of now voting stands at 10-10 for Lindholm vs. Shinkaruk. The first prospect to exceed the other by two votes, or whoever is leading at 3:00 PM EST will be the one who Columbus takes

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Yeah, I'm the guy who voted Max Domi. Kid is going to be something, IMO. worth that pick? probably not, but I'd be happy to have him regardless of whether he's worth that high of a pick or not.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Yeah, I'm the guy who voted Max Domi. Kid is going to be something, IMO. worth that pick? probably not, but I'd be happy to have him regardless of whether he's worth that high of a pick or not.

Remember, in this Mock Draft Columbus also has the 13th overall pick, so Domi could fall to you guys there.

As for the 6th overall pick, after a lengthy and tight voting race it looks like Elias Lindholm has just pulled ahead. Thank you to everyone who came out and shared their opinions. I'll be back to collect votes again in a week or so once the 13th overall pick comes around.

167435_107414702761930_1923746172_n.jpg

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Remember, in this Mock Draft Columbus also has the 13th overall pick, so Domi could fall to you guys there.

As for the 6th overall pick, after a lengthy and tight voting race it looks like Elias Lindholm has just pulled ahead. Thank you to everyone who came out and shared their opinions. I'll be back to collect votes again in a week or so once the 13th overall pick comes around.

Bust :sarcasm:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
'As of now voting stands at 10-10 for Lindholm vs. Shinkaruk. The first prospect to exceed the other by two votes, or whoever is leading at 3:00 PM EST will be the one who Columbus takes "

Having voted right before 3 pm Columbus time, Shinkaruk won by one at that time-not that it makes a rats ass difference but if you make a rule stick to it- what are you an owner? :laugh:

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Having voted right before 3 pm Columbus time, Shinkaruk won by one at that time-not that it makes a rats ass difference but if you make a rule stick to it- what are you an owner? :laugh:

How about you shut up or I'll lock you out :sarcasm:

Something came up yesterday and I wasn't able to be at a computer at 3, and when I looked the next time I had a computer Lindholm had the lead. Not that it makes a huge difference in the grand scheme of things anyways.

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
'As of now voting stands at 10-10 for Lindholm vs. Shinkaruk. The first prospect to exceed the other by two votes, or whoever is leading at 3:00 PM EST will be the one who Columbus takes "

I voted Lindholm at like 2:59, so I think I tied it up

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Really like Domi, but my fear is that I see a lot of the same qualities in him that I saw in Gilbert Brule ... and he's not even dominating the OHL like Brule did the WHL in his draft year. If he's there with one of our later picks, absolutely take a shot on him ... I think he has better character than Brule, and will be easier to coach and teach the pro game. If that's the case, you are absolutely right, this guy has a great future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad