Speculation: HFBoards Mock Draft 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Don't know if this has been done before, but it's a long lockout so I decided I'd try it. I ran a lottery simulation a while back and came up with a draft order which can be seen here. I decided that instead of coming up with a mock draft myself I would have the fans of each team vote on their pick. I'll post the collective results once every fanbase has voted.

Calgary has the #4 pick. Thus far Alexsander Barkov, Seth Jones and Nathan Mackinnon have been drafted. Who would you take if Calgary had the fourth overall pick?

Aug 3, 2010
The thing that Calgary lacks most is not a position with talent, but a player with franchise captain written on him.

So whoever that should be.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I'd be floored if we got Monahan. I also really like Ryan Pulock, so I'd be happy with him as well. Both would fill a great organizational need.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Monahan easily he is most likely #3 on the Flames (HF) draft board after Barkov and Mackinnon.

I'd have to think Jones is in the mix as well. We need a future number one defensemen every bit as much as a future number one center.

If the entire season is indeed cancelled, then hopefully fortune favours the Flames.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'd have to think Jones is in the mix as well. We need a future number one defensemen every bit as much as a future number one center.

If the entire season is indeed cancelled, then hopefully fortune favours the Flames.

Many of us have said we just don't see Jones being worthy of a top 3 pick. I think he would slot in around #5 maybe #4 depending on Lindholm.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Many of us have said we just don't see Jones being worthy of a top 3 pick. I think he would slot in around #5 maybe #4 depending on Lindholm.

I don't know. Jones can skate the puck out of the zone, pass it out of the zone, and he can absolutely kill guys in the corner. A defensemen who can take over games don't come by very often.

Mind you, the Flames would be laughing if they got any four/five of those guys.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I don't know. Jones can skate the puck out of the zone, pass it out of the zone, and he can absolutely kill guys in the corner. A defensemen who can take over games don't come by very often.

Mind you, the Flames would be laughing if they got any four/five of those guys.

He is solid many of us just haven't seen anything from him to warrant him going ahead of Barkov and Monahan.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Sean Monahan

_____

Elias Lindholm
Ryan Pulock
Jonathan Drouin

For sure I'd take Monahan with the 4th overall pick. He has #1 C potential, and future captain written all over him.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
I think we have enough votes now, and the Flames are going to go with Sean Monahan. Thank you for everyone who came out and shared their opinion. I will be posting full results on the Prospects forum once I have collected votes from all teams.

27892_105381432965257_1247888196_n.jpg

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I think we have enough votes now, and the Flames are going to go with Sean Monahan. Thank you for everyone who came out and shared their opinion. I will be posting full results on the Prospects forum once I have collected votes from all teams.

27892_105381432965257_1247888196_n.jpg

Looking forward to your thread... Good work man! :handclap:

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Tough pick between Sean Monahan and Drouin for me, but Monahan has the supposed Toews factor. But Drouin's skills and vision is so amazing.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
The thing that Calgary lacks most is not a position with talent, but a player with franchise captain written on him.

So whoever that should be.

im not huge on players being captains based on there skill alone... i do believe skill is important dont get me wrong... but i believe (as said before) lance bouma has leadership qualities.... i also like John Ramage (who was captain at the WJC for the usa in 2011)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
im not huge on players being captains based on there skill alone... i do believe skill is important dont get me wrong... but i believe (as said before) lance bouma has leadership qualities.... i also like John Ramage (who was captain at the WJC for the usa in 2011)

Agree on Ramage. If he makes it, guy has captain written all over him.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I might be changing my mind to Elias Lindholm... Go to his prospect thread and watch the highlight reel the guy posted... Haven't stopped drooliing since.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I might be changing my mind to Elias Lindholm... Go to his prospect thread and watch the highlight reel the guy posted... Haven't stopped drooliing since.

This. I'd be ecstatic with either Monahan or Lindholm. Lindholm does appear to be the more skilled out of the 2. I'll be watching him closely at the WJC's. I'd probably cry if we got Monhan though, he's a total franchise type of player that you build your team around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad