OT: HFboards Interview with Ryan Biech

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hello Everybody.

Every year I run interviews with media/broadcast members about the Canucks on HFBoards.

Past interviews included Brendan Burke / Wyatt / etc.

This years guest is going to be Sportsnet / The Athletic / and Canucks army Guru Ryan Biech.

I am taking all questions for Ryan in this thread about himself and the canucks, the best ones will be talked about in our audio interview.

So please below, type any/all questions you would like me to ask him.

Thank you everybody

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
1) In your opinion, will Elias Pettersson be in the same weight class as Jack Eichel/Auston Matthews/Patrick Laine one day? (You can include McDavid here if you want, but I think McDavid is untouchable and is an unattainable class of his own).

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Canucks LB

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Not really my business but I dont see how someone who continuously talks bad about CanucksArmy should get any question here.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
How do you see Canucks goaltending progressing towards 2019-20 if Nilsson plays (way) better than Markström, and Demko continues to develop in Utica. What might be the future if Demko seems to stagnate or barely makes any progress?

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
How do you see Canucks goaltending progressing towards 2019-20 if Nilsson plays (way) better than Markström, and Demko continues to develop in Utica. What might be the future if Demko seems to stagnate or barely makes any progress?
Great question, This will be asked for sure

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
What will the Canucks do when Gaudette proves he’s ready for a full type role but is being blocked by Beagle for 4 years and Sutter for 3? What happens if we draft another center like Hughes? Does Pettersson go wing? Would you rather have Leipsic or Goldobin in the starting roster?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
What will the Canucks do when Gaudette proves he’s ready for a full type role but is being blocked by Beagle for 4 years and Sutter for 3? What happens if we draft another center like Hughes? Does Pettersson go wing? Would you rather have Leipsic or Goldobin in the starting roster?

The Canucks can make room for him. Someone can play wing, including Sutter. There can be trades. Sutter's full NTC ends this season.

If the Canucks draft Jack Hughes and the concern is who is going to play C, I don't think Sutter or Beagle's presence will matter all that much. You're not going to have Hughes, Pettersson, Horvat, and Gaudette down the middle long term. That's not ideal at all if the players come close to what we hope they become. Regardless, that would be a good problem to have.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
The Canucks can make room for him. Someone can play wing, including Sutter. There can be trades. Sutter's full NTC ends this season.

If the Canucks draft Jack Hughes and the concern is who is going to play C, I don't think Sutter or Beagle's presence will matter all that much. You're not going to have Hughes, Pettersson, Horvat, and Gaudette down the middle long term. That's not ideal at all if the players come close to what we hope they become. Regardless, that would be a good problem to have.
Agreed, somebody will simply just have to move to the wing.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
What biases does he find him self holding, when it comes to evaluating prospects, and what does he do to adjust his evaluations knowing said biases?

edit. thats f***in convoluted, you translated that to English if you can :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad