GDT: HFBoards GDT | 5/6/21 | 6 games for the 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
:laugh: Roussel is now just a 'smaller player'. His fighting majors say otherwise.

I think you have it the other way around. Gutless Roussel shakes his gloves off to catch players by surprise, and he doesn't care how small they are.

He's like 5'11 190 vs Nurse who's 6'4 220. Quite the difference yes.

not sure which exchange your talking about but do you really think roussel was a random smaller player he was targeting? or roussel was doing roussel things and he went to tune him in. Its not like hes going after Petterson or hughes. Guys like roussel, marchand, gallagher, tkachuk bring it upon themselves with their style of play. Nurse has fought lucic a number of times he doesn't pick his spots, if anything he fights in stupid situations and it hurts the oilers

Was like 2nd game of the year I think. Can't remember if it was Roussel exactly, just assuming as I'm not sure who else it would've been. I know it was someone shorter than 6'. Don't recall a particular cheap play leading to it either more just a battle & Nurse was eager to go. Could be wrong.

Point was more about MacEwen (being Nurses size) could take him no problem, which got laughed at.

Reactions: KidLine93

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
96 points for McDavid now. 3 tonight. Edm down 5-3 late in the third.

Reactions: Sunan

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Isn’t McDavid going to set a new record this year for the amount of goals a single player has been in on for a team?

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
This two man team philosophy isn’t going to work very well beyond the second round

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
McDavid in on every goal, as per usual. Excited to see him in the playoffs.

Good bounce back for Demko. And nice to see Rathbone get his first goal.

Those are my takeaways.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
last time I saw he was in on a ridiculous 54% but no idea what it’s at now.

In today's NHL that's ridiculous, but I'm betting it's not as good all-time.

It's been a very long time since I looked this up... Like, years, but if I'm not mistaken, the year that Yzerman scored 155, he was involved in half of Detroit's goals.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
This two man team philosophy isn’t going to work very well beyond the second round

I'd rather have two supertalented players ala EDM than a bunch of good but not great players.

It's like the NBA- do you want a team that's too deep or Two Deep?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
And people laugh when I call it a two man team, absolute shit depth

Pujjiarvyi, Nurse, Barrie, RNH- that's not terrible depth.

And of course you'll probably crow about MTL because they have no special players but DEPTH!

Sunan

Jun 6, 2019
México
In the playoffs depth maybe is a concern with the Oilers. I can see opponents taking out smaller less experince players like Yamamoto, Bear, Jones, and Neal with his good playoff history but recent injuries and then the 2 franchise players.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I'd rather have two supertalented players ala EDM than a bunch of good but not great players.

It's like the NBA- do you want a team that's too deep or Two Deep?
NBA is a terrible comparison, a single player can and has won championships

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
In the playoffs depth maybe is a concern with the Oilers. I can see opponents taking out smaller less experince players like Yamamoto, Bear, Jones, and Neal with his good playoff history but recent injuries and then the 2 franchise players.

Pujjiarvyi, Nurse, Neal, Barrie, RNH- that's not terrible depth.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Pujjiarvyi, Nurse, Barrie, RNH- that's not terrible depth.

And of course you'll probably crow about MTL because they have no specials powers but DEPTH!
That’s it though, it’s McDrai and then a couple ok depth players and it drops off a cliff

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
EDM's playoff potential will come down to this- would you rather bet on a team with two A+ players but not the deepest or a team with no A+ player gamebreakers but a lot of depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->