GDT: HFBoards GDT | 5/5/21 |9 games today

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
A Wisconsin RW fan, that's interesting.
Well - depends how you look at it.

Fell in love with the game late 70s (Milwaukee Admirals) - played pond hockey growing up - mid 80s my teen years I became interested in the NHL...Being a native 'Cheesehead' I cannot support any team from Chicago...So - since I liked muscle cars - heard about this guy with a funny last name that was apparently really good - team had some guys who liked to fight - voila I became a fan of the Detroit Red Wings in the fall of 1984.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
capitals big winners in this game in every aspect. rangers didn't really send any kind of message, buch might get suspended, oshie gets a great moment, the world keeps turning

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
South Philly
Well - depends how you look at it.

Fell in love with the game late 70s (Milwaukee Admirals) - played pond hockey growing up - mid 80s my teen years I became interested in the NHL...Being a native 'Cheesehead' I cannot support any team from Chicago...So - since I liked muscle cars - heard about this guy with a funny last name - had some guys who liked to fight - voila I became a fan of the Detroit Red Wings in the fall of 1984.

Fair enough. Good story! Are the Wild local broadcast? I noticed this past summer that in the UP the Wild seem to be the local broadcast.

Reactions: FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Fair enough. Good story! Are the Wild local broadcast? I noticed this past summer that in the UP the Wild seem to be the local broadcast.
Prior to the beautiful invention of Digital Cable, and NHL Center Ice circa 1999 - I had to rely on ESPN/ESPN 2 for Wings games...Quite often I could get WJR 760 AM so I'd listen to games with Ken Kal while studying.

Reactions: The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
South Philly
Prior to the beautiful invention of Digital Cable, and NHL Center Ice circa 1999 - I had to rely on ESPN/ESPN 2 for Wings games...Quite often I could get WJR 760 AM so I'd listen to games with Ken Kal while studying.

I'm surprised Chicago games are allowed in Wisconsin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad