GDT: HFBoards GDT | 4/6/19 | last night of the regular season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
That replay did not look good at all for Connor. Knee right into the post. Said this after his collarbone injury but I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened more often with the kind of speed he breaks in with. Not trying to blame him at all, just an observation.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
But it’s ok on Gio or Chucky?

Man if you can’t tell the difference between banter and actual joy from the best player in the world likely breaking his leg and never being the same player again I don’t know what to say

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Why's he diving into the legs of guy who just beat him wide? He has a history of reckless plays when a forward starts to beat him on the rush.
That play happens countless times every year. Sucks that someone got hurt, being upset at that fact is reasonable, but it wasn't a dirty play

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Why's he diving into the legs of guy who just beat him wide? He has a history of reckless plays when a forward starts to beat him on the rush.

Gio isn't just going to let him skate past. It sucks the best Hockey Player in the World got hurt. That's Hockey though.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Man if you can’t tell the difference between banter and actual joy from the best player in the world likely breaking his leg and never being the same player again I don’t know what to say

It’s not banter. Did I say it’s good that this happened to McDavid? No of course not.

I’m defending people that jump to conclusions on Gio. This poke check like that happens often and it sucks how it happened with the injury.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
That replay did not look good at all for Connor. Knee right into the post. Said this after his collarbone injury but I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened more often with the kind of speed he breaks in with. Not trying to blame him at all, just an observation.

Looked clear to me that his shin hit the post. Watch the replay again maybe.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Is it the first time you ever see a player try to poke check the puck away from a player driving the play?
I've seen Giordano stick out his knee plenty of times. Was finally suspended this season for it. He panics and acts recklessly when beat wide, and once again someone gets hurt.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
It’s a penalty.

Clearly Gio didn’t intend the resulting injury, but it was still a trip.

Just a sickening result all around.

Agreed. I hope he doesn’t have a significant injury if any at all. Hopefully it’s just a painful knock and swollen knee with no fracture.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
How do the Jets score all these goals and none of them are by Laine?

There is no way he isn't gonna rip it up in the playoffs.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Mister Bean, AKA Giordano is such a reckless player. Good, but reckless. How many guys has he injured?

Always happens with this guy. Hope karma hits him good

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Agreed. I hope he doesn’t have a significant injury if any at all. Hopefully it’s just a painful knock and swollen knee with no fracture.

Rivalries aside no one wants to see career altering injuries to players of that caliber.

We already saw Orr robbed of a full career from knee injuries. Lindros with concussions as well.

Hopefully it’s not the worst case and a complete break of his shin bone or major ligament tears (ACL, MCL, LCL).

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Is this the first time you’ve ever seen someone try to separate the player from the puck after being beaten wide? This is a very common play which is why McDavid already had his glove out to grab Giordano’s stick. Wasn’t intentional, it’s just a play that happens a lot when players are beaten wide.

Stlblues87

Oct 10, 2017
That's one! That's two! That's three! That's four!

Thank you sir may we have another!

He shoots!
He scores!
You suck!

Ward! Ward! Ward!

You suck!

It's all your fault! It's all your fault! It's all your fault!​

Which 6 year old Nashville fan came up with that gem?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Crazy, that's almost 27 mph for you Americans to understand.:snide: that's way to fast in that area of the ice. head first at that speed could be life altering.

They said that’s the fastest they’ve ever clocked him.

Previously hit him at 40.7.

42.8 kmph is insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad