GDT: HFBoards GDT | 4/5/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Stars definitely want to face Calgary in the first round :laugh: Can't blame them considering they're 6-0 over the past two seasons.

That stuff never works out. Basketball is usually the only sport where you see that transition to playoffs. Baseball is by far the worst...one good example the 2015 Mets were 0-7 vs the Cubs during the season. Sometimes in hockey its a matchup issue and it carries over but that is rare.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Leafs should just rest everybody. They probably want a win to build confidence but is it really worth risking it if a Habs player is in a bad mood tomorrow and looking for a punching bag?
Probably only some banged up guys. i'd probably rest Andersen though

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
wtf Dallas get it together.

giphy.gif

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It feels as if the Panthers have not missed by more than two spots in the last decade. Every time they are 9, 10 or 11

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
Congrats on the extra 4 games your team will be playing.

It's funny because it's true. I think Montreal would have pushed Tampa harder than Columbus would, tbh. I don't think Carolina stands much of a chance against Tampa either if it goes that way.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
It feels as if the Panthers have not missed by more than two spots in the last decade. Every time they are 9, 10 or 11

That's because they always suck for a long sequence of games (see: one month or two). If they could be somewhat consistent all year, they would get in.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That's because they always suck for a long sequence of games (see: one month or two). If they could be somewhat consistent all year, they would get in.

The Whalers pretty much did that every year from 1989-1997...had an 8-10 game losing streak somewhere which killed their season

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Yea I don't think Stars wanna face Nashville judging by this game.

They could legit draw any of those 3. St Louis would be worst, Nashville IMO is a distant 2nd, they probably beat Winnipeg unless somehow Winnipeg in the next 6 days finds something

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well, looks like Dallas is taking it easy going into next week.

Just hope they're ready for Game 1. :laugh:

I honestly dont have a preference who they face.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
And ofcourse a shootout decides it. Another example of why games shouldn't be decided by shootouts. Honestly I would rather them bring ties back and go back to 5 on 5 OT.
There probably won't be changes until Crosby gets eliminated from making the playoffs because the Pens lost a shootout! Crosby will heavily criticize the shootout in the media and Uncle Gary will eliminate it. Quite frankly, the shootout has somewhat taken the excitement out of random breakaways during a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->