GDT: HFBoards GDT | 4/3/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
I mean... Chicago is the second worst defensive team in the NHL and has been the worst for multiple stretches. If you are looking to them for an example of what to do...don't
Dude, I’ve been a hawks fan since 91 ish. I know their defense sucks, bad.

SoCalFan

Jun 21, 2014
McKinney, TX
$17.50 for a chair in CHI...hilarious. So happy to see that bandwagon absolutely explode like the Death Star this year.

what are you even talking about? they're still listed as 1st in average attendance this season.

edit: the $17.50 isn't for a "chair". that's the "standing room only" pricing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duffalufagus

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
That should count.
That's gotta be interference.
And this is the NHLs Goalie Interference Rule in a nutshell. It has been so consistently applied both ways no one really knows which way it'll apply this time. At this point I don't care which way they go with it, but they have to do it consistently.

Reactions: Midnight Judges

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
And this is the NHLs Goalie Interference Rule in a nutshell. It has been so consistently applied both ways no one really knows which way it'll apply this time. At this point I don't care which way they go with it, but they have to do it consistently.
The biggest problem is, they believe they are.

hangman005

Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
The biggest problem is, they believe they are.
Agreed, it just entertaining which every Play by Play teams for every team comment on a GDT "I have no idea what way they will go this time, but X+Y=Z but who knows what way they decide.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Agreed, it just entertaining which every Play by Play teams for every team comment on a GDT "I have no idea what way they will go this time, but X+Y=Z but who knows what way they decide.
Exactly, I've seen the "experts" break down examples of G.I and their explanations of why the call was correct sound legit. The thing is, whoever was providing those clips could have just as easily found an identical play that resulted in the opposite call. The best bet for consistency i suppose, though it will never happen, would be to leave the final decision to the same person or persons in Toronto, thus cutting back on the number of opinions.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Very Honda Center outing from the Flames so far.

It’s insane how they can win anywhere else but here.

And it’s not like the Penguins 40+ game drought at the Spectrum, which was an intimidating place to play.

ANA will never be confused for the old Chicago Stadium or Winnipeg in terms of atmosphere

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Lol, guess I should have checked the rosters before betting big on Calgary tonight. At least it's only vcash!
I owe you a thanks. I hadn't even considered betting that game until i saw your post.
So if you need a few bucks............;)

Reactions: Saitama

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
It’s insane how they can win anywhere else but here.

And it’s not like the Penguins 40+ game drought at the Spectrum, which was an intimidating place to play.

ANA will never be confused for the old Chicago Stadium or Winnipeg in terms of atmosphere

Pretty typical Ponda game. Flames make a couple mistakes that end up in the back of their net. Ducks goalie plays well. Not the usual anger about this one considering it's entirely meaningless, Johnny got a point so who cares.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Pretty typical Ponda game. Flames make a couple mistakes that end up in the back of their net. Ducks goalie plays well. Not the usual anger about this one considering it's entirely meaningless, Johnny got a point so who cares.

Ponda gonna Ponda

hangman005

Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Exactly, I've seen the "experts" break down examples of G.I and their explanations of why the call was correct sound legit. The thing is, whoever was providing those clips could have just as easily found an identical play that resulted in the opposite call. The best bet for consistency i suppose, though it will never happen, would be to leave the final decision to the same person or persons in Toronto, thus cutting back on the number of opinions.
Yep failing that I think the best solution is upon a GI challenge, both team captains meet at center ice, a 5th official with a helmet cam and mic skates out for the coin toss, Scoring team gets to make the call.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It's a very specific and relatively long set of rules. Unless you somehow have it memorized verbatim or carry around a printed version with notes and highlights, how are you suppose to determine whether or not it's the right call? Of course people don't know what the call is going to be, why would they?

Last edited:

hangman005

Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
It's a very specific and relatively long set of rules. Unless you somehow have it memorized verbatim or carry around a printed version with notes and highlights, how are you suppose to determine whether or not it's the right call? Of course people don't know what the call is going to be, why would they?
Meant to say GI call not GDT, stupid phone.

But it's not really that specific nor long, and applicable aspects of the rule, are not that hard to memorize. The problem is it's not specific, there's grey area the size of the milky way, so you can have 100 near identical situations, and it'll consistently be called both a goal and not goal equally. I don't know of a rule that gets reviewed in any other sports that is done as horribly as Goalie Interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->