GDT: HFBoards GDT 4/24/21 | 11 games with some early starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
That kind of goes with my earlier thought. Thortin is trying to manufacture intensity with this. It could work or it could backfire.

years ago the pens lost to the flyer trying to manufacture intensity and getting into penalty trouble.

I know it might seem natural but it’s kind of out of character for Thortin (this kind of melt down).

can’t see the Jets responding so thortin antics will either be intimidating or they (Jets) will see through it and just take the power plays.

will see what happens.
Yes, anything can happen.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I dono how the canucks make the miracle playoffs run without petey

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Ehlers clearly said that he was too much of a wimp to defend himself. No, need to make up things. Thornton is obviously a classy player. He has never been dirty in his career, and he hasn't started to be in the twilight of his career.
Lol! You are a little dillusional.
Thornton has been suspended multiple times for hits to the head.
"Never been dirty in his career?" Get real.
Thornton only goes after smaller players.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
No, I am not at all delusional. While it is true that Thornton has been suspended before. I think the last one was against Vagas. None of those hits make him a dirty player. I am real, and you should do the same. A player being dirty means intention. Hockey is played at high speed. Sometimes things happen in the game.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Didn't he fight Jamie Benn?
Didn't Joe fight Tom Wilson?
Jonathan Toews?

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
No, I am not at all delusional. While it is true that Thornton has been suspended before. I think the last one was against Vagas. None of those hits make him a dirty player. I am real, and you should do the same. A player being dirty means intention. Hockey is played at high speed. Sometimes things happen in the game.
Get real.
Saying his multiple suspensions don't make him a dirty player and that he has never been a dirty player is ridiculous.
When the league has issued multiple suspensions against him I'd venture those decisions have value over your proclamation that he has never been a dirty player. You lose all credibility when you do not acknowledge that.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Over a 20+ year career, you're bound to get suspended if you are the least bit physical. Joe Thornton is absolutely not a dirty player though.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Over a 20+ year career, you're bound to get suspended if you are the least bit physical. Joe Thornton is absolutely not a dirty player though.
Ridiculous.
Not all players who have a lengthy career have suspensions.
Only those whose actions have gone against the rules.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Good guy grandpa tried to make a game of it by trying to give the Jets 2 back to back power plays. Ehhlers says no I want in the box too.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Okay, I acknowledge it on the technicality of dirty play limited to the same technicality that a guy who has scored a goal is a "goal scorer", but not more than that.

Reactions: CocoaDrink
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->