GDT: HFBoards GDT 4/23/21 | 5 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
drat. a late period goal means Wild will collapse and lose.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It's weird that the 2 teams I hate playing the most as a hab fan this season are both below us in the standings. Ottawa and Calgary.

Same thing with the Oilers losing to an inferior Habs team below them.

Hockey can be weird and sometimes a team just has your number in the regular season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Had to laugh at Anderson trying to get a call after high sticking himself. Word will get around on that-good luck getting a borderline call in the future, Anderson.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Good to see a number of these lower standing teams that people were laughing at are showing some nice pride and compete.
I can't speak on other teams, but the Sabres interim coach, Donny Meatballs has cut the Sabres young guns loose since Krueger got the ax, and it's night and day.
Mittlestadt, Asplund, Cozens, Routsalainen, Dahlin, Jokiharu, Samuelsson and Borgen led by Risto and Reinhart are looking in tune with each other, at least, early on.

We'll see where it goes next season when Eichel returns. If the Sabres can find a way to shed or somehow get improved play out of Okposo and Skinner, they could contend for a playoff spot next season. Right now however, the future coaching scenario is critical imo. Any potential suitors have to be watching what Granato has done with the current roster and taking notes.

Is it promising? Maybe. Goaltending, to myself in any event, goaltending decisions will be the key, especially with the D still so young and inexperienced yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->