TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Leafs led this game 1-0 and 3-2
at 46:42 the game was still 3-2 for the Leafs
Leafs lose 3-6...........

Lots of you Leafs fans blame your goalies but,
its the coaches job to coach the players, the team,
so that they are mentally in the game and not collapse.

I can only wonder what Keefe (and his assistants) said to his players
after Brooks scored that shorty and Leafs took a 3-2 lead.

---

Players play, but its the coaches where it all starts, the most important stuff happen.
Its like kids and school, it all starts with the parents, what's been taught at home,
if the base work fails, so does the student, same thing with any sport.

Are you suggesting that the coach needs to tell Rittich not to attempt to save a puff of air shot that was going wide.

Rittich should know that himself.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
What are the chances that Yzerman and Blake spend the next GM meeting getting drunk and laughing together about Ken Holland's handling of Andreas Athanasiou?

Reactions: kingsholygrail

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Campbell has been great for most of the games he’s started except for maybe 2. If were going to base our opinion on a goalie for two games might as well call Holtby a starter as well
We all know Holtby has won a cup and has had vezina seasons. You are comparing a campbell with Holtby? If Holtby was available at the trade deadline, he would be your teams starter. Please dont even compare campbell until he has done someting aside playing 20 NHL games for a team that doesnt have a legit goalie. Campbell would probably be in AHL if he played for Canucks since Demko, Holtby and Dipietro would be ahead of him. Thats how bad Toronto is at the goaltending position, something the Canucks have had the luxury of over 2 decades from Luongo, Schneider, miller to Markstrom, Demko and Holtby.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
What are the chances that Yzerman and Blake spend the next GM meeting getting drunk and laughing together about Ken Holland's handling of Andreas Athanasiou?

Yeah, it’s too bad Holland didn’t hold a gun to Andreas’ head to force him to accept the better offer he gave him before AA ran out of chairs in musical Covid chairs

Reactions: Declassified

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yeah, it’s too bad Holland didn’t hold a gun to Andreas’ head to force him to accept the better offer he gave him before AA ran out of chairs in musical Covid chairs

If he wanted to keep him, all he had to do was give him a QO.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Not hard to do when you're getting double shifted on a PP with McDrai.
Barrie at $3.75M is a far better investment for the Oilers than qualifying Athanasiou at $3M. The contract he eventually got from the Kings ($1.2M) was about half of what Holland offered him on a two-year contract ($2M per season). Covid affecting the cap screwed things up. It's not like they didn't want him back

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Matthews and Marner ghosts for 2 games in a row during crunch time.
Nylander was their best player from what I saw.

goaltending is a huge issue for the leafs but it’ll be interesting to see how they battle adversity in the playoffs.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta

If only Holland had a crystal ball and knew the league would shut down due to COVID, the cap would be flat, and he'd have Klefbom out for the season before he traded for AA.

Fact is he still made a better offer than AA signed. His QO was over 3M and wouldn't work with the flat cap.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Embarrassing maple laughs, losing once again and that too 6-3 by this depleted bottom tier Canucks team. Laughs continue to be overrated.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Yeah, because Klefbom's PP numbers sure did suck last year. :laugh:

This is one of those "arguing for the sake of arguing" moments.

You can use all the emojis you want, but clearly you didn't prove anything.

Barrie is 4th in the league for dman scoring. This is where the top Oilers dman placed in points in the NHL.

15-16 Sekera - 50th
16-17 Klefbom 33th
17-18 Nurse 68th
18-19 Nurse 28th
19-20 Klefbom 33th

Answer this, without moving the goal posts. If it's so easy to score points with McDavid, why has no other dman done it at this level?

I'll wait.

Reactions: Declassified

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This is one of those "arguing for the sake of arguing" moments.

You can use all the emojis you want, but clearly you didn't prove anything.

Barrie is 4th in the league for dman scoring. This is where the top Oilers dman placed in points in the NHL.

15-16 Sekera - 50th
16-17 Klefbom 33th
17-18 Nurse 68th
18-19 Nurse 28th
19-20 Klefbom 33th

Answer this, without moving the goal posts. If it's so easy to score points with McDavid, why has no other dman done it at this level?

I'll wait.

Funny how you accuse me of moving the goalposts as we've been talking PP scoring and you shifted back to regular scoring to support your point.

Klefbom was tied for 12th in PP scoring last year, and with missed games taken into account, pro-rates into the top 10.

But sure, "33th", sounds better while I'm the one supposedly moving the goalposts...

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Funny how you accuse me of moving the goalposts as we've been talking PP scoring and you shifted back to regular scoring to support your point.

Klefbom was tied for 12th in PP scoring last year, and with missed games taken into account, pro-rates into the top 10.

But sure, "33th", sounds better while I'm the one supposedly moving the goalposts...

Man, this is basic.

Barrie is also putting up a lot of EV points. He isn't solely putting up points on the PP.

I mentioned 4th in dman scoring. You're the one blabbing on and moving posts to only talk about PP points.

Guess you get to forget the EV points and ignore what other people are saying in regards to your comment lol

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Man, this is basic.

Barrie is also putting up a lot of EV points. He isn't solely putting up points on the PP.

I mentioned 4th in dman scoring. You're the one blabbing on and moving posts to only talk about PP points.

Guess you get to forget the EV points and ignore what other people are saying in regards to your comment lol

Pretty sure that was the goalpost from the beginning...

Not hard to do when you're getting double shifted on a PP with McDrai.

But keep telling yourself stories about how I'm moving them around. :thumbu:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
are we SURE Florida is good or are they just benefitting from bad teams in the division?

What bad teams? Over half the division is either great or decent teams. Only Detroit and Columbus are terrible presently, and Columbus was okay until they imploded a couple weeks ago. Chicago is average but not bad. Is the Central the only division with bad teams? Every other division has more bad teams in it than the Central. Plus we are doing this without Ekblad. Barkov, Hornqvist, and Duclair also missed several games, and Verhaeghe is out probably until the playoffs if we're lucky.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad