GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/9/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Chris Wagner is just one 5v5 goal behind Evgeni Malkin. That is a 4th liner, what a great signing by Sweeney

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Or maybe the play should have been called offside to begin with.

We don't go back in time for other mistakes. Oh, this goal should be called back. It was a missed something one and a half minute ago. We have to reset the clocks.

Nope. Don't do that. Mistakes happens. Just don't accept challenges for offsides more than 5 seconds old or something, it could be a good compromise IMHO.

Reactions: Jdavidev

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
We don't go back in time for other mistakes. Oh, this goal should be called back. It was a missed something one and a half minute ago. We have to reset the clocks.

Nope. Don't do that. Mistakes happens. Just don't accept challenges for offsides more than 5 seconds old or something, it could be a good compromise IMHO.
Teams are penalized if the offside call is not overturned, so they have no reason to challenge unless they're really certain. Since they've implemented that change it's hardly been an issue. This is near the bottom of current officiating problems in the NHL, IMO.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Teams are penalized if the offside call is not overturned, so they have no reason to challenge unless they're really certain. Since they've implemented that change it's hardly been an issue. This is near the bottom of current officiating problems in the NHL, IMO.

IMO, It's really high on the pace of play though.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
That says a lot more about Malkin
Yes and no. Malkin is tied for 2nd on the Pens with Kessel for pts at 1.10 pts per game, he not having a bad year, just not scoring. Wagner is playing on the 4th line and is 6th on the Bruins for goals. Leafs could use a guy like him. Says a lot about the Bruins success with so many injuries this year and the excellent depth they added this year.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
por que no thread on Voracek-Boychuk beef? I am infracted so I can't make it. thought it was prety threadworhty

It might be, but lately it seems like unless it's an outright undeniable suspendable offense, discussion about games are limited to the GDT thread until the next day. If Voracek gets a scheduled for a call tomorrow or the story blows up overnight in the media it'll get its own thread by morning.

PS. Anyone have video of this "sucker punch" by Boychuk on Nolan Patrick that Voracek mentioned?

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
It was the Senators.

I think you missing the streak importance more than who they played. It was looking bad with 9 minutes left, till they came back twice in 2 games in a row in the last minute.

They are the fourth team in NHL history to score a winning goal in the final minute of regulation in consecutive games.

Bruins should have scored more but hit 3 posts in the second and outshot them 31 - 19. Missing the top scorer Pastrnak. Missing the hottest player DeBrusk, newly signed Johansson and Kevan Miller.

The longest point streak in Bruins history is 23 games (15 wins, eight ties), from Dec. 22, 1940-Feb. 23, 1941. They are looking to break that, so a win is win

Last edited:
Reactions: Trizz617

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It might be, but lately it seems like unless it's an outright undeniable suspendable offense, discussion about games are limited to the GDT thread until the next day. If Voracek gets a scheduled for a call tomorrow or the story blows up overnight in the media it'll get its own thread by morning.

PS. Anyone have video of this "sucker punch" by Boychuk on Nolan Patrick that Voracek mentioned?

true

all i was able to find

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
por que no thread on Voracek-Boychuk beef? I am infracted so I can't make it. thought it was prety threadworhty

It was pathetic on all levels. Voracek should’ve been thrown out. Major that causes injury. Then, when the isles try to make him own up, he dodges, and the refs make sure no one “fights”. I’ll wager boy chuck saying “I’ll get you” get some more punishment than voracek.

This league sucks.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It was pathetic on all levels. Voracek should’ve been thrown out. Major that causes injury. Then, when the isles try to make him own up, he dodges, and the refs make sure no one “fights”. I’ll wager boy chuck saying “I’ll get you” get some more punishment than voracek.

This league sucks.

Game on the 23rd should be fun

Reactions: cliffclaven

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario

This league sucks.

For the record, the major penalty call for interference is "[the referee's] discretion...on the degree of violence", ie: not necessarily an injury.

That said, it does state that a major for interference comes with an automatic game misconduct, so they still dropped the ball on that. And even if it didn't, playing the situation (9 minutes left in the 3rd period, 4-goal game, divisional match up), all that not tossing Voracek was going to do is result in shenanagans for the last 4 minutes of the game. Apparently there were some, but still give the Isles credit for at least being restrained enough for it not to become a story itself.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
9 minutes played in 11 real time minutes...

I think these teams are just looking to hit the roxy early.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The Rangers-Devils highlight reel on NHL.com is potato quality, and there's background music playing during the entire video lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad