GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/13/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Well, Edmonton 1st playoff game down, 12 more to go, good effort out there :naughty:

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Does McDavid automatically get 1 of the 3 stars every game? Every Oilers loss even if it ends up a blowout he seems to get one of the three stars.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Mcdavid is the most one dimensional "superstar" ever! Guys like Gaudreau, Kane, Kuch and OV at least make it look like they're trying to play all zones every once in a while.
Now usually I would assume this post was a terrible joke but you are an avid Flames fan...

hqdefault.jpg

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Yea two concussions in a calendar year and resuming right after the team fired their coach could do that weird how he was one of the best as recent as last year but I guess glossing things over is your go to method of debates. Considering he has been the most consistently good the last number of seasons using a 30 game sample size to say he is bad while discounting the last 4+ years is a backwards ass way of thinking.
Lmao what are you actually even arguing? All I was saying is the hawks are terrible at keeping pucks out of their net. Are you in any way trying to deny that?

I don’t care if you have an injured goalie. And it is completely irrelevant that they had good goaltending in the past. What are you even arguing here?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zajac makes 5.75 a year? why?
Why not? He's usually still a 45 point player (last year was a down year and he missed the first 5-6 weeks after an offseason injury and probably came back too early) and that deal was given 6 years ago. He's paid like a 2nd line center and he was a 2nd line center (though he was our first line center at the time and before Hischier was here) and he would have been the 2nd line center on more teams than not when he got that deal. He's still a boderline 2/3 C at this point. Is he overpaid now? Probably by a little bit, but with the cap going up as much as it does every year, he's really not that overpaid. And his deal ends in 2 more years.

Ideally, he's your 3rd line center at this point. He's even on pace for his most goals in a season in 9 years, although he is having a quite above career average shooting percentage year. Not really sure why our own fanbase and others are so surprised by his salary. He's 34 in a couple months and got this deal at 28 right before he would have went to UFA. Someone probably would have given him $6 million in UFA had he tested the market that year, considering that was the same year David Clarkson got over $5 million and was allegedly offered $6 million by more than one team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->