GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/11/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Drai has been the best Oiler for a month now...that's pretty incredible considering who is on the team.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Drai has been the best Oiler for a month now...that's pretty incredible considering who is on the team.

Yeah, he’s arguably been our best player the last while and that’s not even a knock on McDavid. Drai is that good. He’s just a beast.

This has been his year where he’s cementing himself as one of the top 10 forwards in the league. Don’t even think it’s a debate.

Reactions: Mez

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
When he is on there are very few that are more entertaining to watch. We were really high on Mrazek, he just could never seem to get the consistency part under control. But he is the kind of guy who can steal any game and if you aren't careful and let him get going in my opinion he can steal a series if he gets in one of his hot phases.

I said it when he was traded last year, but if you had told me in April 2015 that Jimmy Howard was going to outlast Mrazek in Detroit, I would've thought you were mad. And, obviously, Howard still remains on the Red Wings roster. Until Corey Crawford shut the Lightning out to end the 2015 Final, the only goaltender to pitch a shutout of the Lightning had been Mrazek. He did it three times, twice in the playoffs and once late in the regular season. He was a pain in the ass for the Lightning in that playoff year. If memory serves, he also pitched a shutout in Detroit's lone win in the 2016 playoff meeting as well, as well as only allowing one goal in a 1-0 series-ending Game 5 loss. It's not all roses; there were two 4+ goal games in that 2015 playoff series but, for a team that's been strong offensively throughout this time, that's a pretty decent run of success in high-stakes games for Mrazek.

And, well, a quick eyeball of the standings indicates that it's not beyond reason to think Mrazek might get a third chance at the Lightning in the playoffs, either. It's not currently the matchup but Carolina's only two points ahead of Columbus and Montréal in that last playoff spot quagmire.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Mrazek having the game of his life.
Mrazek was fantastic, but I am going to take some of his credit away and suggest that Avs shot a lot of shots into him. Avs did the same thing to Hutton the previous game where the score could've been 9-1, but in reality a lot of them were perimeter clappers without any screens.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I just laughed when you said rule book possession as obviously it doesn’t say that.

Well actually yeah it does. The rule book says it's the last person to touch the puck which Couture most certainly was but it's not called by the letter of the rule. Couture had possession of the puck prior to entering the zone which allows him to have his skates in before the puck. It's really not that hard and you have nothing to actually say that resembles a fact to state otherwise. Give it up, man.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Well actually yeah it does. The rule book says it's the last person to touch the puck which Couture most certainly was but it's not called by the letter of the rule. Couture had possession of the puck prior to entering the zone which allows him to have his skates in before the puck. It's really not that hard and you have nothing to actually say that resembles a fact to state otherwise. Give it up, man.
That’s not convincing at all. I’ll take my career experience over your opinion And no crap it’s not called by the letter of the rule. Why do you think I called you out on that?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That’s not convincing at all. I’ll take my career experience over your opinion And no crap it’s not called by the letter of the rule. Why do you think I called you out on that?

Well you called it out incorrectly then because it's plainly written in the rule book as I stated it. If you wanted to call me out on how it's applied, you're free to do so but it ain't because it isn't written as such in the rule book. And your experience doesn't amount for crap when you don't even know what's written in the rule book. That by the standards that have been set in multiple leagues was possession before entering the zone and the right call to make so I don't know what experience you have that's making you wrong on this subject but you are and you should probably adjust accordingly instead of just talking hot air like you're doing here. lol your experience. What a joke of an argument that is.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
leafs fans now believe he said “rag it”

like what in the world how delusional can you be

Flintor makes a pretty convincing case. It's at least worth reading his twitter thread. I can buy we're homers with tin foil hats on that are trying to fool ourselves into thinking he didn't say it, but before I was sure he said it and now I have some doubt.

Btw, no one's saying Rielly said rag it. The argument is that someone else from Tampa said it, since the tone from what Rielly said to rag it, is completely different. When Gourde collects the puck, "rag, rag, rag" is quite audible as well. Not to mention, the referee didn't react at all.

With that said, if it turns out he did say it, I 100% hope he gets suspended.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Who has ever said the words "rag it" in their lives?

Occam's Razor says a frustrated Rielly said a word frequently used by guys to insult other guys when they're frustrated, just most people don't do it in public.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
The broadcast bringing up the road trip the Leafs were on is a joke, this was their second game in 5 days and wasn't a b2b. That's not a tough schedule or reason to be fatigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad