Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Gaudreau isn't good in the shootout

but Neal is not the real deal anymore, past the pasture

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
The only reason I can think of not putting Johnny in there is because of the multiple stops Markstrom had on him late in the game and wanted to try a different hand.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
The only reason I can think of not putting Johnny in there is because of the multiple stops Markstrom had on him late in the game and wanted to try a different hand.
Or that Gaudreau just isn't that great in shootouts. 4 for 18.

Neal was 18 for 54.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Peters goes with Neal in hopes that if he scores, maybe he’ll break out of his scoring slump. Don’t hate the strategy, but I personally wouldn’t go with him based on how close the Sharks are

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I've come to the conclusion that there's actually an army of Hamonic clones or something. Anyone else would miss half the year with injuries if they did the stuff he does

He’s a warrior and would do anything to win.

I distinctly remember three years ago, the Pens had a 2-1 down low, pass slid across, Kessel w a point blank open net, Hammer face first dove to thwart the goal...and he did.

He also beat the shit out of Malkin.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It took a awhile but he Finally arrived

I think a lot of it was obviously mental for Markstrom, as he was notorious for letting in a first bad goal and then get rattled up until this season. Then there's the alleged bad habits he learned from Florida. The Canucks have done well to shelter Markstrom and give him room to grow. I think the Miller signing and Lack split season were great for his development in terms of not throwing him into the flames and making him the expected #1 guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->