GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/8/21 | Crap I'm up today

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I can't decide if I kinda like those Preds jerseys or if they're ugly as hell.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That Oilers win was way closer than it needed it to be. I forgot that Ottawa is still an NHL team and they played good enough to beat the Oilers. That said I'd still confidently predict an EDM win tomorrow. Trust me when I say it's going to feel bad whatever club loses to this Ottawa team.

Congrats on the win. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: zar and King K Rool

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
bolded are names i absolutely wouldnt put above him.

Kane and Pastrnak are iffy. i wouldnt say either are but its close.

for dmen for me its Hedman/Josi and maybe Pietrangelo. for reference my top 10 is Mcdavid, Mackinnon, Crosby, Panarin, Hedman, Kucherov, Josi, Eichel, Matthews, Draisaitl, then Pastrnak/Marchand/Kane right after somewhere.
That’s fair I missed on Josi, and Carlson on D though I stand by Jones being the 2D best D

as for centres I just named players that are arguably around him, I think highy of Matthews and have him over Barzal and barkov but there is an argument to be made. I definitely think Kane and pasta are better but that’s just me
A lot of good players in the league rn and experience is something that gradually comes. Matthews Improved 2 way game only means he’s gonna keep getting better. His time will come at the top top

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Ref was looking elsewhere. Dirtbag rules baybee.

The first one I understand, that second shot had both linesmen looking right at it, where else would the ref be looking? Good spot to pick, it worked.

If I recalled these two teams have had some fights earlier this season? Maybe we will see some fireworks this 3rd period.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The first one I understand, that second shot had both linesmen looking right at it, where else would the ref be looking? Good spot to pick, it worked.

If I recalled these two teams have had some fights earlier this season? Maybe we will see some fireworks this 3rd period.
One fight before this game. I don't know doesn't feel like real hatred like the Bruins but it's more like putting your little brother in line.

Edit: ref was still looking to see if the puck crossed the line.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Tampa and Nashville have had rather heated games in the last 5 years or so considering they haven't been in the same conference.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
Congrats on the win. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Same. Wish things were better with the Sens franchise. I drove past the arena in Kanata once, it's nice but coming from a city that has a downtown arena it seems so impractically far from OTT's downtown.

Ottawa desperately needs a downtown arena, I know why don't I tell you something you don't know. Hopefully one day the Sens and the city get their act together and build one. I'm optimistic they will and Canadian Tire Centre will go the way of Detroit's Palace of Auburn Hills.

Funny side story about The Palace, before it closed the Coyotes purchased the scoreboard and moved it from Detroit which they use to this day.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
That’s fair I missed on Josi, and Carlson on D though I stand by Jones being the 2D best D

as for centres I just named players that are arguably around him, I think highy of Matthews and have him over Barzal and barkov but there is an argument to be made. I definitely think Kane and pasta are better but that’s just me
A lot of good players in the league rn and experience is something that gradually comes. Matthews Improved 2 way game only means he’s gonna keep getting better. His time will come at the top top
yeah Josi is a must have as the Norris winner but i wouldnt have an offensive d like Carlson above as good as he is.

i dont think Barzal is at that level, i dont even think he is as good as Marner. Barkov is a weird one because his production was down last year but normally he is close yes. rn i woudnt have him above Matthews though.

Pastrnak is very close, as i said Matthews is my 9th, Pasta my 11th. but i take the 2 way center over the scoring winger. same case with Kane. just an overall better hockey player imo even if offense is close.

Reactions: Theodore450

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
That Oilers win was way closer than it needed it to be. I forgot that Ottawa is still an NHL team and they played good enough to beat the Oilers. That said I'd still confidently predict an EDM win tomorrow. Trust me when I say it's going to feel bad whatever team you're a fan of if/when you lose to this Ottawa team.

Coyotes might get their 3rd straight win vs the Blues tonight, that's interesting.

Sens played hard but are a little offensively inept. Their only goal was an own goal. And they got hemmed in their own zone for what seemed like 3+ shifts.

Someone

Jul 11, 2007
GameFlow has Ottawa being the better team in the 1st and 3rd with Edmonton being the better in the second. When you're team is better for 2/3rds of the game I take that as being better than the other.

Edmonton outshot and outscored Ottawa in the third, didn't give them any seriously dangerous looks and kept them hemmed in for some decent stretches, but sure you're probably right. (Full disclosure, I missed the first 5 minutes of the third so I might have missed something).

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Edmonton outshot and outscored Ottawa in the third, didn't give them any seriously dangerous looks and kept them hemmed in for some decent stretches, but sure you're probably right. (Full disclosure, I missed the first 5 minutes of the third so I might have missed something).
It's purely based off of advanced stats metrics (Which I will admit I hate but I like to look at every once in awhile). I prefer the old fashioned eye test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad