GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/8/19 | only one game ? stop using a commodore 64 to create your schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Preface by saying I don't want people to get brain injuries. I'm just watching this game and how many guys who can just light guys up but stop up and try to poke check or simply do a fly by, it makes me long for a different era.

I love hockey more than anything and always will but the game is changing so much. I guess it's for the better. :dunno:

Reactions: bukwas

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Was thinking about going to game myself since I recently moved here and I live about 10 minutes away from the Garden. Some seats weren't too bad but I've never gone to a game by myself and was feeling a bit self conscious. Definitely need to check out a game at the Garden though. Do they even have like a box office to get tickets anymore?
Devils and Islanders games are still much cheaper. Depending on where you live going to the Devils game shouldn't be too hard.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Preface by saying I don't want people to get brain injuries. I'm just watching this game and how many guys who can just light guys up but stop up and try to poke check or simply do a fly by, it makes me long for a different era.

I love hockey more than anything and always will but the game is changing so much. I guess it's for the better. :dunno:
I too miss a lot of what the game offered in the past. We'll just have to roll with the changes.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It’s seems that each and every time I watch a rangers broadcast from MSG the 1994 cup win is referenced multiple times.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Devils and Islanders games are still much cheaper. Depending on where you live going to the Devils game shouldn't be too hard.

I like going to Barclays to watch the Islanders because like you said the tickets are cheaper and the arena is only a couple of stops on the train. I didn't even think of going to the Devils game! The subway system is a bit more intimidating to me than the one in I was used to in Boston. I will definitely look into it. Thanks for the input!

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
I'm liking the little scrums they're having after the whistle. Get some hate in this game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Was thinking about going to game myself since I recently moved here and I live about 10 minutes away from the Garden. Some seats weren't too bad but I've never gone to a game by myself and was feeling a bit self conscious. Definitely need to check out a game at the Garden though. Do they even have like a box office to get tickets anymore?
Nah you gotta grab them online.

Welcome to the City :)

Reactions: mel

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Being as tonight they had a 25th anniversary ceremony and had the entire surviving team come in for it, it's unsurprising. Doesn't happen that often in regular games
Ya I’m not going to claim I watch tonnes of MSG broadcasts. It must be my perception I guess.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
2 periods... 0 goals..
And as mentioned by someone else above, it’s been highly entertaining. It’s not the goals in themselves that are needed for exciting hockey, but rather the scoring chances.

In fact, if you look at end to end rushes, back and forth hockey from both teams in any game, the one thing that kills that sort of excitement would be the goal being scored.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
And as mentioned by someone else above, it’s been highly entertaining. It’s not the goals in themselves that are needed for exciting hockey, but rather the scoring chances.

In fact, if you look at end to end rushes, back and forth hockey from both teams in any game, the one thing that kills that sort of excitement would be the goal being scored.
Some people just can't follow the nuance of the game without having a horn go off every couple minutes to distract them and have them look up from whatever is on their smart phone. ;)

Reactions: koyvoo

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
What the hell Rangers? Only game on the schedule, no goals for the Rangers and Hurricanes played yesterday.

and No goals..

no goals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad