GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/7/20 - I've been practising my counting... there are 16 games tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Not a good enough excuse. It's the freaking ducks.

No offense ducks fans.
Toronto's roster iced tonight has twice the talent Anaheim's does, but they were outworked. How are you outworked in the third period by a team on the road for the third time in four games?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It wasn't an excuse. I'm just saying, if Andersen is in net they win that game in regulation 90% of the time. Still a horrible game by the Leafs
Goaltending wasnt their problem. Hell, Anaheim played their backup.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I don't get how they couldn't beat this team, who was on a back to back, and 3 games in 4 days...
Timely plays.

Sandin with a a horrible pass leads to a ga

Clifford taking a penalty near the end of the game

Keefe putting out tavares instead of Matthew's was also wierd when the leafs were up.

Matthew's post and envgalls breakaway just not going in

Just some serious bad luck plays and timely ones from ducks help them almost win.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Goaltending wasnt their problem. Hell, Anaheim played their backup.
Goaltending is hardly ever the Leafs problem. It's just that Andersen steals so many games for the Leafs and I think that if he was in net they'd have won the game

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Go Leafs!!!!
20200207_215833.jpg
20200207_215813.jpg

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Toronto's roster iced tonight has twice the talent Anaheim's does, but they were outworked. How are you outworked in the third period by a team on the road for the third time in four games?

Exactly....this is a HUGE problem.

They need more Sidney Crosby like workmanship: in ~970 games, you never heard how he took a night off.
They really need to concentrate on their work.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
This Rocket Richard race is getting rather zesty :naughty:

I mean for as otherworldly as Ovi has been over the last 7 games, Matthews has been pretty damn hot himself.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Goaltending is hardly ever the Leafs problem. It's just that Andersen steals so many games for the Leafs and I think that if he was in net they'd have won the game
And if Gibson was in net? Doesn't seem like a great excuse. That Toronto team should crush Anaheim, especially in this scenario.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ducks were easily the worst I've ever seen a team play during the 3 on 3 OT.
Oh God, they make the Sabres look like the 1977 Habs. That was beyond horrid, in any other season that team would be running away with the wooden spoon. Also: if this season is it for Miller they should send him back to Buffalo so he can get the farewell tour he deserves.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
They needed 5 goals to win this one.
They’re 1st in the league in goals scored and 29th in the league in goals allowed. It’s been a common theme, but again, as long as the goals keep coming it doesn’t matter much for now.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
And if Gibson was in net? Doesn't seem like a great excuse. That Toronto team should crush Anaheim, especially in this scenario.
The Leafs issues stem from their defence. That's the only reason they lose games 99% of the time. Gibson in net for Anaheim doesn't make the Leafs defence worse.

What I'm trying to say is, this level of effort from the Leafs is not unusual. It's just that when Andersen is in net, it's not as emphasized because he steals games they should lose.

Reactions: egelband

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
They’re 1st in the league in goals scored and 29th in the league in goals allowed. It’s been a common theme, but again, as long as the goals keep coming it doesn’t matter much for now.
For me, I am happy they won. I'd like to allow less, but scoring 5 or even more is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->