GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/3/19 It's the super B... Hockey !! 3 games today

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
To be fair, McDavid basically has a couple of good- really good soldiers and the rest are dying, or dead and he's gotta drag them with him and take over a fully manned bunker.

Doesn't matter how good of a leader you are, you're not taking the bunker.

If the team was better, but very fragile mentally, then yes, but when this team isn't good to begin with...

I could have sworn in the the summer of 2017 a HUGEEE amount of people picked Edmonton to make the playoffs for the 2017-18 season, and quite a few people picked them to make it to the conference finals? Some even thought they were contenders to make the cup finals. I know since that time they made questionable roster decisions, but surely not enough to turn a cup contending team into a garbage/trash/joke/historically bad, etc. (The terms being widely used to describe them here presently) team?

So yeah, it is time to question McDavid's leadership. Obviously Edmonton is a pretty good to great team that is badly underperforming. Or is there another explanation? Could it be that the hfboards consensus has a strong tendency to all agree on a belief as being a truth that they are in fact incorrect about, only to adjust their belief to a polar opposite belief rapidly, based on results. Just ask terrible trade for Subban Mr. Webber turned norris favourite, turned both teams won the trade turned terrible trade for Subban, etc. Webber.

So the consensus thinks McDavid's leadership is either good, or not fair to question due to Edmonton being a team they said was a contender a year and a half ago, but is a dumpster fire a year and a half later. I'm going to go with the consensus on this board rarely know what they are talking about, and if they are right, they are flukey. Sure, it is time to question McDavid's leadership. Cuz either you were right and they are a contender quality team, or you were wrong, so there is no reason to suspect you aren't wrong now, also.

Last edited:

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Regardless of the reasons this is how you get a fan base to turn on you. I think he already regrets what he did.
I'm not sure he's too worried about the fanbase of a team he'll face twice a year. Not liek they're going to meet in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->