GDT: HFboards GDT | 2/25/21 | Some games and a postponed postponed game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Just shut down the season and play the rest of it on EA NHL21. This season will never matter.. Maybe Quinn can defend his joysticks better than his own zone.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
They’d comfortably be the 2nd best team in the Pacific again this year and pushing for 1st if divisions were normal.

They’re a good hockey team.

Not a Lightning or Bruins type caliber team but comfortably a playoff caliber team.
You going to admit you were wrong yet? Or do you just prefer to ignore your mistakes?

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
They’d comfortably be the 2nd best team in the Pacific again this year and pushing for 1st if divisions were normal.

They’re a good hockey team.

Not a Lightning or Bruins type caliber team but comfortably a playoff caliber team.

Nothing to substantiate that claim, you can’t make guesses without actually playing the games. That’s like me saying Vancouver would comfortably be 1st in the pacific.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Point is, it appeared teams used the round robin as exhibition warmup games.... knowing they would move through.

The oilers on the other hand...

The Oilers won their 'warmup' and were a victim of a team that had their number. There is a good chance that series went the other way if Tippett didn't outcoach himself and went with Koskinen (who was playing better at the restart) for game 1. Hawks are a better team than they get credit for, look at their record this season. Literally no one predicted that.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Nothing to substantiate that claim, you can’t make guesses without actually playing the games. That’s like me saying Vancouver would comfortably be 1st in the pacific.

Kind of ironic when you're the one that started making statements regarding the Oilers success being predicated on which division they play in, no?

Reactions: DecadeofDarkness

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Kind of ironic when you're the one that started making statements regarding the Oilers success being predicated on which division they play in, no?
Do you need to be reminded again that they are only playing against 1/4 of the league?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
You going to admit you were wrong yet? Or do you just prefer to ignore your mistakes?

About what? Hughes getting dominated tonight he did though several times lol

On the Yamamoto one that was more on Hamonic on second look, I’ll give you that since you’re obsessed.

What about when Khaira shook him out of his pants, or when Draisaitl big boyed him off the puck for the breakaway, or when McDavid broke his ankles at the end? There’s a couple more I’m sure I’m missing off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheNumber4

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Well not really, given that Calgary and the Oilers are presently ahead of them.

The Oilers would absolutely be the 2nd best team in the Pacific just like they were last year. It doesn’t matter though. They’re playing solid hockey and beating the teams in front of them, it’s all you can ask for.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Do you need to be reminded again that they are only playing against 1/4 of the league?

You're absolutely right, I'm sure the Canucks wouldn't be so terrible if they could play against the rest of the league. And the Oilers would certainly be doing worse by that extension.

Since you like to go on and on about last season, I wonder if you're aware that the Oilers had a mediocre record against the Canadian teams last year. Or does that not fit your ridiculous narrative?

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
That wasn’t Edler either, ahh you’re just blind! Your assessment makes a lot more sense now.

Hughes advanced stats don’t look like someone who got dominated though, weird I guess I’ll just trust you. You’ve shown you can’t read or hear, seems like the type of persons opinion I should value.

He's missing his babysitter, advanced stats aren't going to tell you that, you'll have to actually watch the games.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
AE2A0A9D-6E85-49E1-82CE-B9B7EF9C12CC.png
This was too good not to share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad