GDT: HFboards GDT | 2/25/21 | Some games and a postponed postponed game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Resorting? I’ve always stated both team are bad. Keep trying, you’ll get it one day

Broken record guy is back.

"keep trying"

Edmonton isn't bad this year, and wasn't bad last year. I don't know why you keep saying that. does it make you feel better? cause if it makes you feel better, I can lie and say they are bad, if it helps you. In the meantime though I'll continue to watch them climb the standings. Its okay though, I already know what you'll say, you'll say that north division is the worst in hockey and nothing that happens in it has any merit, thats okay too, I can give you your delusion if you want. If it truly helps you.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Pretty unimpressed with Nurse, didnt like his game 5v5 tonight

and not surprised the numbers show just that.
Team as a whole didn't play very good 5v5 tonight. Got hemmed in a lot and really only had 3 or 4 good chances that were all breakaways or partial breakaways. Smith and Demko both played good, but Oilers special teams pulled this one out for them. That's alright an off night is bound to happen and the fact they were able to still pull out a win shows that they're a good team.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Broken record guy is back.

"keep trying"

Edmonton isn't bad this year, and wasn't bad last year. I don't know why you keep saying that. does it make you feel better? cause if it makes you feel better, I can lie and say they are bad, if it helps you. In the meantime though I'll continue to watch them climb the standings. Its okay though, I already know what you'll say, you'll say that north division is the worst in hockey and nothing that happens in it has any merit, thats okay too, I can give you your delusion if you want. If it truly helps you.
Last year they lost to the lowest seeded team, this year they are excelling in a one off season where they play 1/4 of the league :laugh:

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I'd like to complain about Travis Green but he didn't build this team. :laugh: I can't believe Benning is still employed. It has to be a cost-cutting measure at this point.

Reactions: Mez

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Last year they lost to the lowest seeded team, this year they are excelling in a one off season where they play 1/4 of the league :laugh:

Not to make excuses..but in the regular season they were the best Canadian team, then a 5 month break happened , and tournament broke out, Edmonton qualified for the playoffs, they never should have been the qualifiers, but you're right, Koskanen didn't play well and they lost, so did 23 other teams. Thats sports. Not every good team wins.

and your are right we are excelling this year, thank you for finally acknowledging it. Picking up from last year and continuing along.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Yup, and that same playoffs the team that won 0 round robin games made it to the Finals. Whacky!

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I'd like to complain about Travis Green but he didn't build this team. :laugh: I can't believe Benning is still employed. It has to be a cost-cutting measure at this point.
Yah id think Benning should be fired first...let the new GM decide what to do with Green.

Reactions: vanarchy

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Not to make excuses..but in the regular season they were the best Canadian team, then a 5 month break happened , and tournament broke out, Edmonton qualified for the playoffs, they never should have been the qualifiers, but you're right, Koskanen didn't play well and they lost, so did 23 other teams. Thats sports. Not every good team wins.

and your are right we are excelling this year, thank you for finally acknowledging it. Picking up from last year and continuing along.
Sounds like a lot of excuses, good teams find ways to win. Not flounder against a team that had no business being in the playins, and the oilers are only excelling because......they play 1/4 of the league, of which most is bad teams. Next year will be the real test of what the team is

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Sounds like a lot of excuses, good teams find ways to win. Not flounder against a team that had no business being in the playins, and the oilers are only excelling because......they play 1/4 of the league, of which most is bad teams. Next year will be the real test of what the team is
Is Colorado a good team? St. Louis? Philadelphia? Toronto? What about Florida? Because they didn’t find a way to win either.

I have to get bed because I work at 8 and it’s past 1 am, but I’m sure I’ll see you Saturday night, so until keeping on spinning you broken record you.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
don't bother with him...
he once said Quinn Hughes would be the best defenseman on the Oilers. :laugh:
his knowledge is lacking

He'll continue to make excuses for his team and whine about Oilers fans making excuses for the play ins, at least he's stopped pretending to be our friend on the Oilers subforum :laugh:

Reactions: DecadeofDarkness

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He'll continue to make excuses for his team and whine about Oilers fans making excuses for the play ins, at least he's stopped pretending to be our friend on the Oilers subforum :laugh:
I’ve been posting there all day :huh:, and their is no excuse. Vancouver is straight up a bad team this year

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Which team is that?

My bad, I forgot about the shoot out win. My point was they didn't look good in the round robin and had a slow start. Turning point was in the Flames series and they looked amazing from there.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010

Holy sh*t your teams sucks. I can't believe they let go of Markstrom and Toffoli.

Benning is doing what Chiarelli did to the Oilers. I hope they keep him for a few more years so he can do more damage.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
My bad, I forgot about the shoot out win. My point was they didn't look good in the round robin and had a slow start. Turning point was in the Flames series and they looked amazing from there.
Point is, it appeared teams used the round robin as exhibition warmup games.... knowing they would move through.

The oilers on the other hand...

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

They’d comfortably be the 2nd best team in the Pacific again this year and pushing for 1st if divisions were normal.

They’re a good hockey team.

Not a Lightning or Bruins type SCF caliber team but comfortably a playoff caliber team.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Holy sh*t your teams sucks. I can't believe they let go of Markstrom and Toffoli.

Benning is doing what Chiarelli did to the Oilers. I hope they keep him for a few more years so he can do more damage.
He can't do more damage because he's painted himself into a corner financially. Money only comes off the books this coming off-season when he will no longer be employed.

Poetic justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad