Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah I'm sure tonight was the back breaker for him
:squint:

Just one game against the oilers.

He’ll be fine. That won’t stop a little light hearted chirping though.

D men almost never progress linearly. I’ll give him 300-350 games before forming a hard opinion on the guy. D is such a difficult position and guys who men with mans strength and experience are what you want on your team.

Young guys time. Even Hedman took awhile before he became what he is. Look at a guy like Nurse, he had some growing pains as well but looks like a bona fide #1 D man.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Cant blame him. They put together a nice season last year, buoyed by a great goaltender, make a nice run and really had something to build on.

Then management let’s that goalie walk, along with your D partner. They put a lot of pressure on him and other young players.
Its pro sports. Players have expectations to give 100% even in losing situations. Seems like the Canucks have attitude issues on top of performance issues. Just a matter of time until Ottawa passes them in the standings.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Its pro sports. Played have expectations to give 100% even in losing situations. Seems like the Canucks have attitude issues on top of performance issues. Just a matter of time until Ottawa passes them in the standings.
You seem to forget how many players floundered in Edmonton and went on to be better once they left that organization. This is a very “those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones” scenario.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
the Canucks should keep trying, not giving up at slight adversity.
You do remember you cheer for Edmonton, a team that ended up having the draft rules changed because they kept collecting first overalls?

the only difference between these franchises is Edmonton was a bottom feeder while Vancouver kept swirling in purgatory

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You seem to forget how many players floundered in Edmonton and went on to be better once they left that organization. This is a very “those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones” scenario.
actually I don't forget!

Petry
Gilbert
Cogliano
Talbot
Dubnyk

just to a name a few

Those teams were full of bums too. Taylor Hall is one of the biggest jokes in the NHL, especially when he's your "go" to guy.

Just because Edmonton had a lot of bad years does not mean I can't point out Vancouver character issues. Its not very "glass" house at all. One doesn't exclude the other and they aren't mutually exclusive. I also never claimed Edmonton was perfect. So maybe stop putting words in my mouth?

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
You do remember you cheer for Edmonton, a team that ended up having the draft rules changed because they kept collecting first overalls?

the only difference between these franchises is Edmonton was a bottom feeder while Vancouver kept swirling in purgatory

The only thing that matters is a Cup. Maybe in another 40 years, friend.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

The only thing that matters is a Cup. Maybe in another 40 years, friend.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

resorting to "your team sucked too" arguments looks really good on you.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad