GDT: HFBoards GDT| 2/23/21 | Frenchy has a makeover and now looks like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yet you keep quoting me. Just look at the Jets, at a time half of their wins were against the Sens and you're trying to justify to me that McDavid's points are somehow not exacerbated? 7 of the top 10 in scoring is from the North and five of the top 10 in minuses also come from the North.

Mic drop

Yeah, like McDavid wouldn't feast on any other team in the NHL aside from the Canadian ones like he does every season.
Mic drop, my ass.

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Good News for Vancouver: You guys have Pettersson who is really really good, and his underlying numbers point to him being a lot better than everyone else.

Bad News for Vancouver: The entire makeup of the roster is bizarre.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Outside of the team awards they shouldn’t even name winners this year, it’s not balanced or a true representation
100% it is not balanaced.

I would say though, the odds of McDavid/Draisiatl/Marner/Mackinnin winning the Art are high regardless. I would even say the rocket. Matthews/Pastrnak if he was't injured.

It is what it is

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Good News for Vancouver: You guys have Pettersson who is really really good, and his underlying numbers point to him being a lot better than everyone else.

Bad News for Vancouver: The entire makeup of the roster is bizarre.

And we have a coach who hates to coach young players.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I would say this one thing is interesting this year

When you are playing a lot of 2-4 game mini series, you have a better idea of how to scout a team and watch tape like the playoffs. You pick up patterns and how to defend them.

It *SHOULD* actually help defensively, etc. Games should get harder as they go to the next against the same team

When you play a regular season, you just hop off a plane and go to the next team.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
100% it is not balanaced.

I would say though, the odds of McDavid/Draisiatl/Marner/Mackinnin winning the Art are high regardless. I would even say the rocket. Matthews/Pastrnak if he was't injured.

It is what it is
Agreed, enough background to prove that those are more than likely givens

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
That’s exactly what makes it the worst division, the top offensive players are getting inflated numbers due to constantly playing poor defensive teams. Not a single team in the North has been considered a playoff threat for at least 11 years .

The Jets were in the Western Conference final fairly recently, this just shows a lack of knowledge or awareness. Digging that hole mighty deep.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, like McDavid wouldn't feast on any other team in the NHL aside from the Canadian ones like he does every season.
Mic drop, my ass.
He most definitely wouldn't...Cali teams are boring AF, but what makes them boring is the ultra defensive mechanics and systems they play in. They have a better chance of winning if they're able to trap the neutral zone. As someone who's had to watch all these teams play against the precious Oilers, you're quite naive in your overall analyse.

Sorry mate, war is lost.
giphy.gif

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He most definitely wouldn't...Cali teams are boring AF, but what makes them boring is the ultra defensive mechanics and systems they play in. They have a better chance of winning if they're able to trap the neutral zone. As someone who's had to watch all these teams play against the precious Oilers, you're quite naive in your overall analyse.

Sorry mate, war is lost.
giphy.gif

Oh yes, the Oilers are so afraid of the Cali teams that have nothing but aging players along with 2 being dead last in their division. I don't think anybody in their division is afraid of them either. Can't even spell analyst properly, bud? Imagine being this delusional.

Reactions: Porkleaker

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Wasn't it Edler, Rousell, and Myers that took the stupid penalties and made some bad plays? That's a really odd quote.

Green is pissed he never got his extension in the off-season so he’s coaching like a man wanting to be fired.

He can fire himself

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The Jets were in the Western Conference final fairly recently, this just shows a lack of knowledge or awareness. Digging that hole mighty deep.
Making the conference finals once doesnt make you a playoff threat, it’s an outlier that wasn’t repeated.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Sorry mate, war is lost.
giphy.gif

McDavid vs California teams last year:

9GP 8G 12A 20P

For as much as you want to bitch about the North being a "weak" division, your team is in one that featured 5 of the bottom 11 teams in the league last season.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I guess the LA kings weren't seen as a top team in the league after winning the cup in 2012 then. great logic there lmao
What? :huh: When did LA become part of Canada?. Stay in school

Also winning a cup is far more impressive than lucking your way through a couple rounds

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

Sorry mate, war is lost.
giphy.gif

Have you looked at his splits? He feasts on everyone except for Buffalo and Chicago for some reason.

Anaheim 24 points in 17 games.
LAK 26 points in 20 games
San Jose 25 points in 19 games

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta

Sorry mate, war is lost.
giphy.gif
The same California teams that finished at the bottom of Edmonton's division just last year, where McDavid regularly lit them up?

Im confused

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Have you looked at his splits? He feasts on everyone except for Buffalo and Chicago for some reason.

Anaheim 24 points in 17 games.
LAK 26 points in 20 games
San Jose 25 points in 19 games

More facts in the way of his delusional bs regarding McDavid. I guess he can pull up the fake 'secondary pp assists' stat padding to try to prove he's right again.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012

Sorry mate, war is lost.
giphy.gif
McDavid and Drai have lead the league in scoring multiple times while playing more games against the Cali teams then the other divisions. Back to the drawing board for you my friend

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Making the conference finals once doesnt make you a playoff threat, it’s an outlier that wasn’t repeated.

Twist it anyway to suit your narrative I guess... the Jets were strong Stanley Cup contenders until Buff left that team.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton

Sorry mate, war is lost.
giphy.gif
Oilers..Living rent free in this persons head lol

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
What? :huh: When did LA become part of Canada?. Stay in school

Also winning a cup is far more impressive than lucking your way through a couple rounds
well you said teams making it far in the playoffs dont count as contenders...when thats literally what a contender is. Work on your reading comprehension chump. I can't dumb this down any more for you its as simple as it gets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad