GDT: HFBoards GDT| 2/23/21 | Frenchy has a makeover and now looks like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Literally all your posts are attempting to lump other teams in with yours to make your team not look as bad.
Vancouver is a bad team this year, nothing will say otherwise. I’ve never once said they were good/mediocre this season

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
You're playing Canucks in the one of the worst divisions. It doesn't mean much blud.

You realize the teams in the north division this year had the same number of points last year in total as the west and central divisions, right? The east is stacked though, teams in that division average an extra 5 points last season.

Reactions: Porkleaker

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
You're playing Canucks in the one of the worst divisions. It doesn't mean much blud.

By that logic, Auston Matthews scoring pace means f*** all too then right?
Or does it only apply to the Oilers and McDavid getting 'secondary PP assists' like you stated yesterday? Derp.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

I argue the Honda West division is as bad. I tried watching the Yotes-Ducks game last night without groaning but those teams are Sens bad. Offensively and defensively inept.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Edmonton is a team missing their #1 defender and a guy who was near the top of the league in ice time last year. They’ve also been missing a guy who was essentially their #3 last year. If they get a goalie they could turn into a real dangerous team.

I’m interested to see how they do in this upcoming Leafs series.
Oilers match up very well against the leafs. The leafs have trouble with the Oilers and sens.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He needs to get off his ass and fire Benning.
It’s been stated that due to covid this season will stay status quo, don’t expect anything until the off season when the boys are socially distancing while golfing

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The Toronto Maple Leafs had these stats on Monday
- 1st in the League
- 1st in points percentage
- 1st in goal differential
- 1st in goals scored
- 1st in power play percentage

Explain to me how it’s a good division?
You do realize that someone has to be first right? I guess the Atlantic in previous years wasn’t good because Tampa ran away with all the stats?

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
One thing is for sure. Any time a team in North wins game you'll hear ppl bitching about "North is worst division".

It's really not. I get the bad defense a bit but there are also the league's top offensive producers. Works both ways.

And I mean okay so we get to play our games. Is that our fault?
That’s exactly what makes it the worst division, the top offensive players are getting inflated numbers due to constantly playing poor defensive teams. Not a single team in the North has been considered a playoff threat for at least 11 years .

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
You do realize that someone has to be first right? I guess the Atlantic in previous years wasn’t good because Tampa ran away with all the stats?
You realize Tampa played the entire league and not just 6 other teams..... :huh: what a strange point to try and make

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I think the Oilers do even better next year. Not just because they will improve the roster, but look at their real division...
Next year will be the real coming out party for what this team is, not a one off year that will most likely never happen again

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
That’s exactly what makes it the worst division, the top offensive players are getting inflated numbers due to constantly playing poor defensive teams. Not a single team in the North has been considered a playoff threat for at least 11 years .
were the Sens not 1 overtime goal away from the cup finals?

and wasn't edmonton ranked 2nd in pre-season cup odds after the 2017 playoff season?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
By that logic, Auston Matthews scoring pace means f*** all too then right?
Or does it only apply to the Oilers and McDavid getting 'secondary PP assists' like you stated yesterday? Derp.
I literally said that both are overrated due to the division. Or you conducting selective vision? Pastrnak's goal record will be even more impressive if he's able to get around Auston's totals or play more than fifteen games. Kane's 30 points has also been more impressive than McDavid in a division that features the Red Wings. Just look at the stats, Toffoli is third in the league in goals and that's when he got like 80% of them against the Nucks, why can't you say that Oilers are using the same tactics against the bottom teams?

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Next year will be the real coming out party for what this team is, not a one off year that will most likely never happen again
I don' take a lot of what happens this year seriously.

This is literally 4 different leagues. I already know McDrai will do what they do. This whole year is just an asterisk year.

I am just taking it for what is it, but I hate tweets about how a team is #x in the league or this dman or that guy is first , but I think everybody knows it is just a one of a kind year. They should actually have asterisks next to every winner of any awards, etc. I am not against that

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I literally said that both are overrated due to the division. Or you conducting selective vision? Pastrnak's goal record will be even more impressive he's able to get around Auston's totals. Kane's 30 points has been more impressive than McDavid in a division that features the Red Wings. Just look at the stats, Toffoli is third in the league in goals and that's when he got like 80% of them against the Nucks, why can't you say that Oilers are using the same tactics against the bottom teams?

Coming from the guy who was instantly wrong trying trash down on McDavid and his bogus PP assists, your opinion means jack when it comes to anything regarding the Oilers :popcorn:

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
were the Sens not 1 overtime goal away from the cup finals?

and wasn't edmonton ranked 2nd in pre-season cup odds after the 2017 playoff season?
Neither were a perennial playoff team or seen as a cup team

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don' take a lot of what happens this year seriously.

This is literally 4 different leagues. I already know McDrai will do what they do. This whole year is just an asterisk year.

I am just taking it for what is it, but I hate tweets about how a team is #x in the league or this dman or that guy is first , but I think everybody knows it is just a one of a kind year. They should actually have asterisks next to every winner of any awards, etc. I am not against that
Outside of the team awards they shouldn’t even name winners this year, it’s not balanced or a true representation

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Coming from the guy who was instantly wrong trying trash down on McDavid and his bogus PP assists, your opinion means jack when it comes to anything regarding the Oilers :popcorn:
Yet you keep quoting me. Just look at the Jets, at a time half of their wins were against the Sens and you're trying to justify to me that McDavid's points are somehow not exacerbated? 7 of the top 10 in scoring is from the North and five of the top 10 in minuses also come from the North.

Mic drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->