GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/2/19 - It's ballet day... get it Tutu

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Absolutely, but making the playoffs is not what's best for the franchise.
At this point I think the value of the better draft pick isn’t as high as the value of a playoff run. They’ve got a core now. They should be getting that playoff experience. Just my opinion.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
At this point I think the value of the better draft pick isn’t as high as the value of a playoff run. They’ve got a core now. They should be getting that playoff experience. Just my opinion.

Agreed.

And in this draft, I don't think there's really much difference between the 9th pick and the 16th pick anyway. You might get a similar player at 16 that you would have gotten at 9. The top 7 in the 2019 draft is where you want to be and the Canucks are too potent to finish in that range.

Reactions: egelband

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
This Colorado team is terribad. They need a tender, a coach, 3 lines of forwards and 3 top 4 dmen

Edit: 2 and 2/3rds of forwards. We gave you one in form of a top 2 pick this year

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

They get one of the top two picks and they are set for the next ten years. Solidify the top six so teams don't simply have to key on Pettersson/Boeser.

I realize they won't get one of those picks now, but from the beginning I thought tank was the way to go.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
What happened. I missed it

Arizona scored, but they had to review if the net was off it's moarings. Also, there was clear goalie interference but that wasn't what they were checking. Then DeBoar had to challenge that ruling for GI and they had to review it again. If you're going to review something, you might as well review it all initially.

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Arizona scored, but they had to review if the net was off it's moarings. Also, there was clear goalie interference but that wasn't what they were checking. Then DeBoar had to challenge that ruling for GI and they had to review it again. If you're going to review something, you might as well review it all initially.

Yeah that's pretty silly of a process. This is not surprising given this is NHL hockey though. Terribad officiating and league exec's. So...par for the course sadly

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

The interference was also mostly due to the Sharks player literally hanging onto the Coyote player which was a clear penalty. Their review system makes no sense.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
Toronto has now beaten Washington, Tampa and Pittsburgh in their last 6 games....

...combined with losses to Detroit, Arizona and Florida.

Life as a leafs fan is so bittersweet

Leafs on back to back as well

Penguins were also on a back-to-back (3 in 4). So were the capitals (3 in 4) Lightning just travelled home from 3 games in 4 nights. Schedule actually went in favour of leafs all 3 times. Nice win, but those 3 teams were dog tired.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Colorado fans must be "our team is f***ing garbage aside from the top line, but we'll have 2 high 1sts and potentially draft 1-2."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad