GDT: HFBoards GDT: 2/19/21 |Only 4 games tonight, but the battle of Alberta will be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013

This is what he was so angry about, apparently cross checking isn't a penalty anymore either.

If he is complaining his head was hit, I suppose he should have went off to the quiet room.

Edit: Fixed the sound

Last edited:
Reactions: Del Preston

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
According to NHL.com it was Vrtanen who got 2 for roughing and a game misconduct. Which is still ridiculous.

By making the punishment for instigator in the last 5 minutes that severe when you have refs that lack the balls to call it, they are basically encouraging this stuff. Forbort jumps a guy and it effectively doesn't cost his team anything.

I checked on NHL.com and edited my post. Pretty sure Shorthouse said that on the broadcast, but it was at the end of the game so they went off the air before he could clarify.

Refs encouraged it allowing Forbort to go at him the first time, not surprised they continued that trend at the end.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
He felt this was a head shot
A guy that is 6'5 felt that THIS was dirty

That's a clean Conor McGregor shoulder to the face

images

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Hoglander's skates are still on the ice. Forbort is one dumb motherf..

Pretty soft for a guy that size. . Ultimately, this is on the refs for standing there watching the cross checks w their hands in their pockets and then completely botching the call at the end of the game

embarrassing

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Seriously I’m still annoyed, how big of a baby do you have to be to jump a rookie was half your size, just because he absolutely smoked you earlier in a shift, On a completely clean hit

No kidding. I can understand letting him have a shot after a 'questionable play'.

But going back for the third crosscheck, after the pucks already gone... the line's clearly crossed at that point. Its such an easy call.

Then the result is Forbort going back again and taking a full on run at him. It was all so badly handled.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton

This is what he was so angry about, apparently cross checking isn't a penalty anymore either.

If he is complaining his head was hit, I suppose he should have went off to the quiet room.

Edit: Not sure why there is no sound :laugh:

Refs are ATROCIOUS this year and more lately.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Pretty soft for a guy that size. . Ultimately, this is on the refs for standing there watching the cross checks w their hands in their pockets and then completely botching the call at the end of the game

embarrassing
Such a strange serious of events. I mean, if they missed the "apparent high hit" then they missed it. They don't get to just say, "well I think there was a high hit before so I won't call 3 cross checks cause he probably deserves it." Or they saw Hoglander's hit and didn't think it was bad so they didn't call a penalty, but still allowed the crosschecks. Then you add the last Forbort stuff and it just does my head in.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013

Alternate view, looks like there is some head contact though he hitting through the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad