GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/18/20 | 7 games today. Hangman will need both hands to count the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
He's probably thinking 'At least Barrie doesnt take useless cheapshots like Kadri.'
Could’ve still moved Kadri. But an offensive defenseman is the last thing they needed to add from the trade.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Why is that?

Playoff hockey randomness

And the goalies..... Murray was bad against the Caps/Isles the last 2 rounds, plus Janny has zero playoff experience.

A goalie with no playoff experience is high-risk high-reward.

For every Cam Ward 2006, there's many other examples of goalies who you don't know if they will hold up well amidst the heat of the playoff spotlight without a lot of prior playoff experience

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
PIT is not a Cup contender if Jarry is their goalie come playoff time.

Seems like a likely Vezina nominee as of right now. I guess it's possible he crumbles in the playoffs sure but he's got a veteran team in front of him so that helps.

I wonder how many people said the same thing about Binnington last year?

There's the goal for Matthews for HF Leafs to celebrate.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
A couple of decades? Almost if you include the times the Leafs were out of the playoffs. I guess technically they can't win a series if they are not in one, but it is a bit disingenuous . Yeah, losing to Boston sucks, but I'd like to see them play again this year. I also hope the result will go our way.

Sorry. It was unfair of me to include those years the Leafs didnt make the playoffs with the years they lost in the first round in my commentary about the Leafs lack of post season successs.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Playoff hockey randomness

And the goalies..... Murray was bad against the Caps/Isles the last 2 rounds, plus Janny has zero playoff experience.

A goalie with no playoff experience is high-risk high-reward.

For every Cam Ward 2006, there's many other examples of goalies who you don't know if they will hold up well amidst the heat of the playoff spotlight.

Hm. I think we win the cup.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
lol, did the Sens really just score 4 goals in 3 minutes on Sabres? Can we relegate the 3 - 8 spots in the Atlantic?

Reactions: dukeofjive

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Seems like a likely Vezina nominee as of right now. I guess it's possible he crumbles in the playoffs sure but he's got a veteran team in front of him so that helps.

I wonder how many people said the same thing about Binnington last year?

Like I said, playoff goalies with no experience going into the spring is catch-22.

For every Cam Ward or Jordan Binnington, there are many other examples of it not going so well (Bobrovsky's first few playoff series with CBJ, Dan Cloutier in Vancouver).

You just don't know what's gonna happen until they get their feet wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->