GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/17/20 - I can count todays games on one hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
To weigh in, I don't think that was a dive, that was an interference pick that put Stamkos on his butt. Could've been a penalty but probably not in OT.

I thought the poster was talking about Stamkos falling down earlier at an end of a shift trying to go coast coast and then through two defenders. But then he just fell due to getting tangled up and being gassed. Went immediately to the bench afterward. So that wasn't a dive either.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Pretty funny all the TB fans whine about the refs but crickets when I posted all the penalties they got away with :laugh:

Nevermind the faceoff one, which was textbook and the linesman had to pretend like it didn't happen. You could even hear the Colorado bench screaming about it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He looked right at the guy well before they made contact. Turned hard so he ran right into the guy, flopped and then looked right at the ref.

And if you don't understand how it's determined who is determined to what ice, then you don't understand interference.
Everyone looks at the ref when they fall down, that's how hockey is nowadays. Doesn't mean they took a dive.

For the latter part, I never argued anything about interference so I don't know what you're on about? I never called for a penalty for that Avs player.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Everyone looks at the ref when they fall down, that's how hockey is nowadays. Doesn't mean they took a dive.

For the latter part, I never argued anything about interference so I don't know what you're on about? I never called for a penalty for that Avs player.
Just let it go. Its pretty obvious what him and a few others are doing. They're not worth your time anymore.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Lmfao, this is post just made my day.

How hard to you have to be triggered to want a clean hit removed from the game. Not to mention a hit where the vulnerable player ends up getting the better of the player making the predatory play.
Lirl why would I be triggered?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol at the Lightning fans saying that Avs went down easy, that Stamkos dive was hilarious. Samuel Girard who is 5'10" and 161 lbs making a pick play and knocking down Stamkos who is 6'1" and 200 lbs :laugh::laugh:. 29 lbs difference and Stamkos looked like he got shot. So many hypocritical posts by Lightning fans.

Totally understand why Kassian tried to kick Cernak, what a POS and him injuring Rantanen is the definition of a stupid and reckless play that deserves to be punished beyond this game. During the post-game Bednar said that he's now out weeks and all happened because Cernak is a terrible hockey player making a terrible hockey play.

@KCC Avs are one of the worst 3v3 teams of all-time, they've been bad enough that you simply cannot blame it on the players anymore. Too many good players have made that MacKinnon mistake way more than MacK has. I think Colorado is 6-21 the last two years in 3v3.

Pucker Factor 10

Serious guy who doesn't take things too seriously
Oct 26, 2019
The Frozen Tundra of Nanook
They shouldn't be. It can easily get them rattled when the stars focus on punching someone's face in rather than actually playing. It should be guys like Paquette and Maroon doing that stuff.

BS. The whole team needs to play with a chip on their shoulder. If I may use a military analogy here, the officers have to be willing to jump on a grenade for the enlisted guys, and the enlisted guys have to be willing to jump on a grenade for the officers. You have to learn to play consistently with that mindset game after game. It's almost impossible just to turn it off and on like a switch.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Totally understand why Kassian tried to kick Cernak, what a POS and him injuring Rantanen is the definition of a stupid and reckless play that deserves to be punished beyond this game. During the post-game Bednar said that he's now out weeks and all happened because Cernak is a terrible hockey player making a terrible hockey play.
And I understand you're upset your star got injured but holy hell, what an overreaction. That was a 2 minute tripping penalty and was called.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And I understand you're upset your star got injured but holy hell, what an overreaction. That was a 2 minute tripping penalty and was called.
That was a reckless play and reckless plays like causing a car accident gets you fines and tickets. Now the person who caused the car accident doesn't mean he meant to conduct the accident, but sometimes you gotta face punishment for recklessness, no?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That was a reckless play and reckless plays like causing a car accident gets you fines and tickets. Now the person who caused the car accident doesn't mean he meant to conduct the accident, but sometimes you gotta face punishment for recklessness, no?
This might be just me but I actually didn't notice Cernak running Rantanen over with a car.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This might be just me but I actually didn't notice Cernak running Rantanen over with a car.
It's called an analogy, let me dictionary.com it for you bruv since you're lost in this discussion.

Definition of analogy | Dictionary.com

Let me state that I love me some tough hockey, that was a great game we saw today. But he went out of his way to try and sweep the puck on a streaking forward that had him beat and put his stick in his skates 2-3 metres from the board. That's as textbook dangerous as you can get IMHO, I am not expecting any more punishment though sadly.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Lirl why would I be triggered?

I don't understand how a reverse hit is so much more dangerous than your average hit that it warrants being made illegal.

From what I understand from your post it sounds like players should just willingly take hits without trying to brace themselves.

How do you draw the line between that hit and Gaudreau running into Chara and knocking himself out?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
After Mackinnon threw the hit on Palat, how did Grave not get a penalty for slashing 2 Tampa players?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I wonder why the NHL rulebook doesn't have the option for a major penalty on a tripping call? Not saying it should've been applied here, but just wondering. IIHF rules have that and I've even seen it called in Liiga, although very very rarely (like every once in 3 seasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->