GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/16/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
That’s another assist for Karlsson right? Play started with his strong defensive play too.

Two assists so far in his return and he was what, 1 goal and 26 assists on his 18 games before the injury?

Pavelski and Burns.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Fact is one of the refs in this game has beef with Vlasic and Kane going back to last year, and every game he's been involved with since the opponent has gotten more pp's.

Tonight is no differemt.

I don't know what you talking about, I'm just stating Gudbranson was tripped which directly led to Couture being wide open to score, a non-call that instantly led to a goal. Pretty bad.

And I'm pretty sure the PP's are even now after that Leivo call.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Oh 50 year jokes okay. Haven't heard them before. Yet your team has accomplished so much. They were gift wrapped one cup that they shouldn't have even won and everyone knows it.

There's a reason why your team got put in our division when they changed the format.

So you're basically saying that the NHL screwed CGY over and gifted TB the Cup?

I don't think so. TB won. If TOR wins (and hopefully it'll happen), you won't want people saying the League gifted the Leafs the Cup.

Reactions: Herbert Lewis

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I don't know what you talking about, I'm just stating Gudbranson was tripped which directly led to Couture being wide open to score, a non-call that instantly led to a goal. Pretty bad.

And I'm pretty sure the PP's are even now after that Leivo call.
I'll need to see a replay on the goal.

Meier deserved the first gi, but it looked like the dman pushed him on the one they didn't call. The hook was legit.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018

I don't think so. TB won. If TOR wins (and hopefully it'll happen), you won't want people saying the League gifted the Leafs the Cup.
Haters will always hate. IT WAS NOT A FREAKING GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did that non goal come with NO TIME ON THE CLOCK??????? FFS

Reactions: 53or8

Simpo

Sep 18, 2011
Good period for the Canucks... but come out of it losing 2-1.

This was Petey's thrilling play of the game so far, I was desperate for him to go all the way.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Not sure you actually appreciate the depth of your team's futility. That's not just 50 years without a Cup, that's 50 years without a Finals appearance. Something the Lightning have done twice in 25 seasons. Are you going to moan the Bolts didn't deserve those, either?

But seriously, if you're sick of 50 year jokes, how about some 13 year jokes? Because those are even funnier.
Well to be fair, Leafs stood no chance until the 90s. Every hockey fan knows that. Finals appearances don't matter. Do you get rings for that?

You know, I actually like Tampa and they are my favourite teams outside Toronto. I cheered for them against Calgary. I just don't think they should have won it that year and if you go to Calgary they are still very bitter about it (I live in Edmonton).

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
There is nothing more aesthetically pleasing that two teams with the same colour scheme playing each other.

giphy.gif

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

I'm not saying it was an inside job. I never believe that in any sport that the league gifts teams anything. Their reputation is on the line. But they won with controversy. If Leafs win believe me you will hear that. People always say the league favours them :laugh:

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
See! None of those Lightning fans in sight.

Also, the AT&T intermission for the Golden Knights, is bad. Nick Gesmondi? and Gary Lawless.... I am not a fan.

They would be better off just showing whatever the hell is going on at Ice Level.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Nice sequence by the Sharks

Haha hadn't seen the response above mine before posting this. Good or bad plays just depend on the team you root for I guess :laugh:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Nice sequence by the Sharks

Haha hadn't seen the response above mine before posting this. Good or bad plays just depend on the team you root for I guess :laugh:
I don’t root for either team. It was subpar coverage. They Vancouver defenders were literally spinning in one spot.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Well to be fair, Leafs stood no chance until the 90s. Every hockey fan knows that. Finals appearances don't matter. Do you get rings for that?

You know, I actually like Tampa and they are my favourite teams outside Toronto. I cheered for them against Calgary. I just don't think they should have won it that year and if you go to Calgary they are still very bitter about it (I live in Edmonton).

Toronto's history of crappy ownership somehow makes the last 50 years _less_ terrible? That's funny... I've never thought "Yeah, I didn't mind the Bucs being the laughingstock of the NFL for two decades, because at least their jerkoff owner Hugh Culverhouse was raking in the dough."

But anyway, Calgary fans are just whiners. The puck was in the air, there's no way to tell for sure from that angle that it crossed the line -- and it almost definitely did not.

Just remind them of the follow-up discussion in the game 7 broadcast, and tell them to stuff it. Here it is --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad