GDT: HFBoards GDT 2/13/19 | featuring Oilers vs Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
If the Ducks honor the movie Mighty Ducks before the game and don’t go on to win the game, they should have to be disbanded and moved to Saskatoon.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ducks looking like a hockey team again , for now , maybe they actually actively did mail in to get Carlyle fired.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
I hate the Ducks more than any other team, but I'm not sure that was a dirty hit. Looks accidental and Getz just say him at the last second and braced for it. I'd like to watch the replay a couple more times though.

It's hard to know for sure, but from the views they showed here it looked like he saw Jake the whole time. Considering Jake just knocked Perry over I would not put it past Getzlaf.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
It's hard to know for sure, but from the views they showed here it looked like he saw Jake the whole time. Considering Jake just knocked Perry over I would not put it past Getzlaf.

With the exception of the injury, that looks like a collision that happens a million times a day

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Well, that's when you get in jeopardy of a major/suspension. Getzlaf is not stupid.
Agreed. This is not the body language of someone trying to hurt someone though. He’s actively pulling away from the hit. I would but he was trying to run a pick but I don’t think he was being predatory. I’d like to see video of more than just the split second right before the hit though. Looked like it was not intentional here at the game but we never got a replay.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Agreed. This is not the body language of someone trying to hurt someone though. He’s actively pulling away from the hit. I would but he was trying to run a pick but I don’t think he was being predatory. I’d like to see video of more than just the split second right before the hit though. Looked like it was not intentional here at the game but we never got a replay.

Entirely possible it was an accident. Also entirely possible that he made sure it looked like an accident. It had been chippy in the first up to this point, there was a hard play by Virtanen moments prior, and Getzlaf was facing in the direction of Virtanen for a long time prior to this collision, so there is plenty to fuel the suspicion here. But if it was intentional, he did enough to provide plausible deniability and keep from getting kicked out.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Entirely possible it was an accident. Also entirely possible that he made sure it looked like an accident. It had been chippy in the first up to this point, there was a hard play by Virtanen moments prior, and Getzlaf was facing in the direction of Virtanen for a long time prior to this collision, so there is plenty to fuel the suspicion here. But if it was intentional, he did enough to provide plausible deniability and keep from getting kicked out.
Yup. Answered the bell, too.

Getzlaf is an ass, but he’s not routinely dirty in an attempt to injure people type dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad