GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/11/20 - Anyone here like hockey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He could have gotten his 4th assist here. What a ridiculous pass.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
St. Louis game postponed. JayBo is awake, alert, and on way to the hospital

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Honestly? The guy backed into Campbell and put his shoulder into his chest...text book.

And it's one thing to disagree with the call, but the hold hands thing is a bit much.

You saw it like i did.

The call sucked for us.... but I can see why they would overturn the goal. From a replay clip I watched, Stepan clearly pushed off with his left foot and his shoulder and hips bump against Campbell..... who is still in the blue paint. So Stepan is the one initialing contact.

It's one of those situations that could have gone either way and this time it favored the Leafs.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Debatable. The fact is they were lucky to get out of the first period not down multiple goals as the Bolts skated circles around them. Sure they outplayed the Bolts after that but they should have. Tampa was on the second half of a back-to-back with no McDonagh and Stamkos coming in, and then lost Cirelli and Kucherov later in the game. Can’t see Pittsburg beating the Bolts in a 7 game series.

are we just going to conveniently not bring up all the injuries the Penguins have? Or are the Lightning injuries the only ones that count?

have the Lightning ever beat the Penguins when it truly mattered. It would be a great series. Don’t start the “I can’t see the Penguins beating the Bolts in a 7 game series” nonsense.

Reactions: Darren McCord

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
You saw it like i did.

The call sucked for us.... but I can see why they would overturn the goal. From a replay clip I watched, Stepan clearly pushed off with his left foot and his shoulder and hips bump against Campbell..... who is still in the blue paint. So Stepan is the one initialing contact.

It's one of those situations that could have gone either way and this time it favored the Leafs.

It's getting to the point where they could just spin a wheel and we'd feel equally confident about the outcome.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Draisaitl with the empty netter for his 4th point of the night.

5-3 Oilers

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
You saw it like i did.

I don't think it was a great call. Especially considering what the call meant. GI calls have been all over the place though so it's hard to be upset with this one. Either way the Leafs got a lucky one today. They have certainly had those calls go against them too though.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Anybody else think Kirby Dach will be the best player in his draft? So skilled and big. Might be another Draisaitl type... he's got the vision and size.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I don't think it was a great call. Especially considering what the call meant. GI calls have been all over the place though so it's hard to be upset with this one. Either way the Leafs got a lucky one today. They have certainly had those calls go against them too though.

Oh certainly.... I've seen it go the other way in plenty of games.

Situation room initiated the challege, btw. Must have a good dart board in there. :laugh:

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
This Chicago blue line is an abortion on ice. Holy crap they are bad.

More of a coaching problem than anything. Colliton has no system defensively. We bleed shots and chances. Goalie bails them out or we are toast

Most Hawk fans have acknowledged that he is in over his head. Reminds me of Denis Savard as a coach

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Oh certainly.... I've seen it go the other way in plenty of games.

Situation room initiated the challege, btw. Must have a good dart board in there. :laugh:
Lol. I've heard their Eenie Meenie Miney Mo skills are generational.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
wat... Draisaitl is good, no doubt, but lets consider that McDavid was going to put up 100+ points playing 5v5 with guys who would be 3rd line at most on any other team while Draisaitl was just barely ahead while playing with 2 other 1st liners.

A random game here and there? Yes. A lot of nights? Not even remotely.
With 4 points in a single game tonight with McDavid it is now undeniable that Drai is the best player in the world. Just like he has been in every game this season.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Have caught some Oiler games and Drai at times does stand out more but the games I watch Mcdavid is playing with Chiasson/Gagner/Neal not much he could do with that.

but people say Drai is a product of McDavid...how can that be if they don’t play together 5on5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->