GDT: HFBoards GDT 2/11/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The Canucks got similarly man handled on Saturday night in terms of being out classed by the flames. Only difference is that Markstrom was otherworldly in that game.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Dipietro has had no chance on any of these. Dudes just being hung to dry.

Also Kane is a monster. People hating on him just dont watch or appreciate how complete of a player his. I got him in 9th round of fantasy. Hes a top 12 fantasy guy in our league.

He could have had Kane’s 1st for sure and Kane’s 2nd as well, although that was a nice snipe.

The rest of these, you can’t really fault him for. Melker Karlsson’s deflection on goal #3 might be one that an experienced NHL starter gets, but I can’t fault him for that.

Regarding Kane, if your league is favorable to players who take high PIMs, or score at 5-on-5, he is one of the best fantasy players in the NHL.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Sharks top 9 is very very solid, not a lot weak spots there. Like others have said there's no superstar but as a unit they're definitely top five in the NHL. Also a great top 4 on the backend. They were my pick to win the Pacific at the start of the year and still are although my Flames will make it interesting.

I don’t know if I would say they’re a top-5 unit up front. I just can’t imagine any combination of 3 of their forwards winning a matchup against an elite top line in the playoffs, and I think that disqualifies them from being in that class. But hopefully I am wrong.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sharks are deep. Who do you cover? Oh no, you took out our top two lines? Guess our third line--with a HoF playmaker and two more 20 goal scorers--will have to run yours over while you try futilely to double-team Burns. That's what makes them sneaky-scary, although right now they're doing a pretty good job of staying in everyone's face, haha.

Wonder what they could get for Karlsson at the deadline :sarcasm: :naughty:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I don’t know if I would say they’re a top-5 unit up front. I just can’t imagine any combination of 3 of their forwards winning a matchup against an elite top line in the playoffs, and I think that disqualifies them from being in that class. But hopefully I am wrong.

Eh. Couture is a pretty good matchup guy, as are Pavelski and Hertl. They're 3rd in the NHL for GF/GP. Very strong possession team, largely because they're so good at retrieving pucks and getting it back to their points for heavy traffic shots. All about scoring depth in the current NHL, all the conference final teams had it last year. But that's more than enough felating the SJ Sharks for me :laugh:

Reactions: Phu and mooncalf

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Eh. Couture is a pretty good matchup guy, as are Pavelski and Hertl. They're 3rd in the NHL for GF/GP. Very strong possession team, largely because they're so good at retrieving pucks and getting it back to their points for heavy traffic shots. All about scoring depth in the current NHL, all the conference final teams had it last year. But that's more than enough *****ing the SJ Sharks for me :laugh:

Couture and Pavelski good matchup guys? Their scoring is good but their skating has declined and they’re prone to being exposed now. Those guys would get eaten alive by Gaudreau’s line.

That’s the only nice thing I’ll say about Calgary and I’ll be back to rooting against you guys tomorrow. :laugh:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Sharks are deep. Who do you cover? Oh no, you took out our top two lines? Guess our third line--with a HoF playmaker and two more 20 goal scorers--will have to run yours over while you try futilely to double-team Burns. That's what makes them sneaky-scary, although right now they're doing a pretty good job of staying in everyone's face, haha.

Agreed about the depth of SJs forwards; top 5. If Jones returns to form, they will give Winnipeg and Nashville a run.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

Agreed about the depth of SJ’s forwards; top 5. If Jones returns to form, they will give Winnipeg and Nashville a run.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1024x1024.jpg

Congrats to NU, a well deserved win, though they had to hang on for dear life at the end. I'm attending tonight's women's final at Harvard, I highly recommend it.

No. 7 Terriers Set for Beanpot Championship Showdown at Harvard - Boston University Athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->