GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/1/20 - 13 Games... but only one of them is the BOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
To be fair Tkachuk is younger
Sure, but that was Bear's first NHL fight and he gives up 3 inches and 5-10 pounds on Tkachuk. All I heard about was how Tkachuk fought out of his weight class against Kassian, yet here he is fighting an unexperienced smaller opponent. Maybe he just isn't a very good fighter.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
no idea what height has to do with being a rookie
I assumed you were making a joke about someone like tkachuk not being able to beat bear in a fight because of the 6 month age difference..

Shonky

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Sure, but that was Bear's first NHL fight and he gives up 3 inches and 5-10 pounds on Tkachuk. All I heard about was how Tkachuk fought out of his weight class against Kassian, yet here he is fighting an unexperienced smaller opponent. Maybe he just isn't a very good fighter.
i can agree with that

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB

Cant have it both ways. 5 pounds isnt a different weight class. Bear lost to Tkachuk.... seems he cant wins fight or the Calder

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Cant have it both ways. 5 pounds isnt a different weight class. Bear lost to Tkachuk.... seems he cant wins fight or the Calder

Bear did not lose that fight. A draw at best if we're being generous to old Turtle boy.

Gets embarrassed by a bigger more experienced opponent, and can't get the decision against a smaller less experienced opponent. That fight card isn't looking so good.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Man Yamamoto have been a very good top 6 player...
upload_2020-2-1_22-6-9.png

(this chart is outdated since it doesn't take in account his strong performance from tonight)
Of course, I want Oilers to lose considering the tight race in the Pacific division. However, I can't help but feel really happy about Yamamoto's success. Always liked him as a prospect, and I hope it sustains.

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
Bear did not lose that fight. A draw at best if we're being generous to old Turtle boy.

Gets embarrassed by a bigger more experienced opponent, and can't get the decision against a smaller less experienced opponent. That fight card isn't looking so good.

He won the fight. But regardless nobody really cares. Not too concerned our top player doesn't fight well?

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Just got through watching the Bolts beat the Sharks. Anything interesting happen in Alberta tonight?:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->