GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/4/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Broadcast I'm watching said Wilson hit his head on the ice, but I didn't see that.
Honestly, as much as this is as close to "a taste of his own medicine" as you can get, it did kind of look to me that he might have hit his head to the ice.

I certainly don't like the guy but no one deserves that.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Shoulder on shoulder

Interference okay.

Game misconduct?

LOL
in the same way they assume wilson commits penalties and make ghost calls, Reaves hasnt exactly earned the benefit of the doubt either. Reaves has been gunning for Wilson specifically all game before that way late hit. IF they can do it for one player they can do it for another

Reactions: Drakon

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Seemed like 43 is the so-called ‘unsuspecting player’ here. Didn’t have puck and was looking up ice, where puck and play were

I mean...yeah. That thing he's known for. Peppered in with the occasional head contact. Reaves gave him a really rough ride tonight and this wasn't a good result, but he kept all the checks at an appropriate height.
His head hit the ice hard.

The real question is, as a poster on the Caps board said, how many games will Wilson get for this hit?
Another 6 games reduced in salary returned from the Sundqvist suspension.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Yeah, good old fashioned old school hockey there, eh? Maybe Tommy should have kept his head up.
Reaves has been running around all game. Last game he tried that against Washington he spent the next game watching the Caps hoist the cup from the press box.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Sure, if that helps you feel better about losing 4 in a row.

Why not? It’s the same truth as people pointing out when winning ten in a row that most games they were by one. Only difference is this mini slump of 0-2-2 were ALL by one. Against 3 of the best teams....after winning ten in a row.

We’ve lost four times in regulation in the last 20 games, with 14 wins in that stretch....not too worried, in every game...

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
There’s a difference between not feeling bad and celebrating.
Who's celebrating? I think people are basically saying they don't feel bad for him.

These same Caps fans that are whining about people not feeling bad for him and saying we don't care about brain injuries are the same people who justify Tom Wilson's actions everytime he's suspended for head hunting.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Maybe, but can’t believe that some people are actually nostalgic for a game where stuff like this would happen a dozen times per game.
I agree
Reaves has been running around all game. Last game he tried that against Washington he spent the next game watching the Caps hoist the cup from the press box.
Not sure what that has to do with what I said, but okay. I think I remember who won the cup, bud.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
You and I have been talking about this match-up since September when I said that Eichel will have an absolutely amazing season.
I believe my prediction was in the 90s.....that might be surpassed really.

Honestly, if I were a Sabres fan, I wouldn't likely trade away Eichel for Matthews, they're so great.
Personally, I like our guy more, but I understand the sentiment from Sabres fans.

Also.....holy sweet baby Jesus what a game.
Marner was incredible, Tavares was buzzing, Dahlin looks unbelievable.

Hope the Sabres can somehow convince Skinner to stick around. If he does, these 2 will be neck and neck for 10 years in the East.

Wow that’s some high praise, yeah I’m glad you guys can see his ability, if he just puts it all together he can be borderline top tier of players in the league...he’s made great progress this year defensively but there’s still a lot of improvements needed imo, Matthews seems to be more developed as a player though and that why he’s a bit better .. I just hope eichs not injured for the third straight year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->