GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/28/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Hey, I'm a Sharks fan living in California. I don't know what the Panthers organization needs or doesn't need. I'm just a fan of their games.

But I do agree with you. The Panthers always makes things interesting, and I mean close-interesting, but if they had another goal scorer, they could be a team to reackon with. I'm also happy for Luongo. In Vancouver he was basically eaten alive, but in Florida people don't notice him and he plays with a little bit more of a comfort level.

They need a top line RWer, that is all. I know that is a lot to ask for, but its all this team is really missing. They are set in net, they are set on defense, and have everything they need at forward, except for that top line scoring winger. Im not even saying a 40 goal scorer, just someone who can get this team 25-35 goals. That is all this team needs right now.

The one thing about this team is they are always in games, and these one goal games that we are constantly in is a great learning experience for the youth. Those games are what you expect in the playoffs, and they will prepare the youth when the team makes the playoffs.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Thanks for the kind words dude! :handclap:

I've been getting GameCenter Live for maybe 4 years now and for some reason the east coast team I watched a lot of was the Panthers. I think originally it was because I enjoyed listening to Lindsey and Goldstien but this year they made an annoucer switch, which I wasn't really a fan of. However, they still play kind of a fun fast brand of hockey and you guys have some pretty solid talent on that team.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Hah. Did they get the 'Rent is too damn high' guy for colour commentary on the Panthers' feed?

"Those shifts are too long. Too long in comparison to everyone else. Those 2 are still out there."

Such was the discussion for 15 seconds.
That's Potvin, and he suuuuuuucks. You're preaching to the choir brotha.

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
How do the refs not call a penalty on the trip on Kadri then go and call a soft ass penalty against Toronto?

Game would have been won if Reimer didn't let in the softest of soft goals in the 3rd.

Because Kadri didnt get tripped on the play. Bjugstad tapped him on his thigh, but Kadri lost balance when the pass got stuck in his right blade. IF you make a call there on Bjugstad, than Kadri should get one for embellishment as well.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Chris Black ‏@ByChrisBlack

Most Games -3 or worse Since 2012-13 Season

Phaneuf TOR 12

Faulk CAR 10

Hall EDM 9

Nugent-Hopkins EDM 9

E. Staal CAR 9

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Because Kadri didnt get tripped on the play. Bjugstad tapped him on his thigh, but Kadri lost balance when the pass got stuck in his right blade. IF you make a call there on Bjugstad, than Kadri should get one for embellishment as well.

He was wide open in front of the net why would he fall when he could have just scored?

It was a trip. And if they don't call that they 100% shouldn't call a nothing penalty on the other end.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
He was wide open in front of the net why would he fall when he could have just scored?

It was a trip. And if they don't call that they 100% shouldn't call a nothing penalty on the other end.

Leafs color guy said that kadri steped on a stick or the puck and fell on his own.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

No it was not a trip, Ive seen the replay 10 times already. The puck was stuck in Kadri's right skate before he fell, so that could have played a part in it. The call in the other end was right, and there should have been a call on JVR as well, for tripping Trocheck, but they wont give the Panthers a 5-on-3 situation that late in the game.

Edit: Saw the Toronto feed of the game, and I can see where there could have been a call made on Bjugstad. The Panthers feed did not show the replay that the Leafs feed did, and Bjugstad tapped Kadri on his knee. It would have been a weak call, but the call afterwards was weak as well I suppose.

Last edited:

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Wow was Fowler ever impressive in that period. I saw excellent defence and physical play, great speed to start the rush and of course the goal to top it off. Heck of a third (only saw that period). Anaheim stole a champ with that pic

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Ducks are going to have perhaps the best blue line in the league shortly with vatanen, fowler, lindholm, and down the road theodore. Unfortunately getzlaf perry will be getting older, but that is a fantastic blue line for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->