GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/22/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
You could just tell Lu was gonna give up a tying goal after he gave up that goal to make it a 1-goal game.

Xavier Laflamme*

Lol. How many breaks do the Panthers need to beat the Penguins??? These guys are playing with half their lineup out..

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
That was sad watching our scrubs in the later rounds of that shootout :laugh:

I ****ing hate shootouts.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Come on, is that really necessary?

The only way the Pens and Panthers situations are even remotely comparable is that they had an attendance issue at one point. The Pens only had that issue for 1 season.

I'm not going to pretend like it is the same, and maybe it was just positioning to get the arena deal, but a simple Google search brings up a number of articles about the Penguins aggressively exploring relocation in 2007. It's not like I'm completely making things up.

penguins2946*

I'm not going to pretend like it is the same, and maybe it was just positioning to get the arena deal, but a simple Google search brings up a number of articles about the Penguins aggressively exploring relocation in 2007. It's not like I'm completely making things up.

I don't want to get into this argument here because this isn't the right place, but Lemieux never had any intentions on moving the team and threatened to move the team if they didn't get a new arena. Mellon Arena was ancient at that point, and the mayor of Pittsburgh didn't want to allocate tax dollars to build them a new rink. Lemieux threatened to move the team, and then they got a new rink.

Smart Dunsparce*

Generational talents saved that franchise from packing up and leaving twice. sad. I bet somehow they win the McDavid sweepstakes cause that's just what they do.

I predict 8-0 Kings.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I don't want to get into this argument here because this isn't the right place, but Lemieux never had any intentions on moving the team and threatened to move the team if they didn't get a new arena. Mellon Arena was ancient at that point, and the mayor of Pittsburgh didn't want to allocate tax dollars to build them a new rink. Lemieux threatened to move the team, and then they got a new rink.

True, this isn't the place to argue it. And, it is mentioned that it would be crazy for them to leave such a strong hockey market. I'm going to wager that you know much more about the situation than I do. I think in retrospect it is easy to say it never would have happened, but in the moment it can be scary -- and sucks as a fan. I guess that's where my comment was coming from.

But, you are right, not the place. It was a good comeback today and MAF deserved that point.

penguins2946*

Generational talents saved that franchise from packing up and leaving twice. sad. I bet somehow they win the McDavid sweepstakes cause that's just what they do.

I predict 8-0 Kings.

An Edmonton fan making fun of the Pens for having high draft picks. The irony is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad