GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/2/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Detroit feed showed an alt angle. He speared the bench. I dont know if it hit anybody. But the minute he did that, he got fed. Not sure what he expected would happen.

I didn't see that feed, so perhaps. And if that's true, none of that happens if the Detroit bench doesn't grab his stick to begin with.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
With all this complaining about Detroit getting away with murder, Colorado got away with a high stick which led to their empty netter. Both teams got away with alot tonight because these refs sucked period.

I legitimately don't understand how you can watch this game and think that the officiating didn't HEAVILY favor Detroit.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Detroit feed showed an alt angle. He speared the bench. I dont know if it hit anybody. But the minute he did that, he got fed. Not sure what he expected would happen.
That came after the bench grabbed his stick and didn’t give it back. Not sure what the Detroit bench thought would happen when they interfere with the play on the ice like that.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
That came after the bench grabbed his stick and didn’t give it back. Not sure what the Detroit bench thought would happen when they interfere with the play on the ice like that.
So does one wrong make the other wrong right?

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.

He had his stick grabbed. no question. But he had his stick back. The side angle shows, as well as the clip above. That he was clear of the bench. And then he lunged back in, and speared (apparently was Bertuzzi). And he got fed when he leaned in.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
So does one wrong make the other wrong right?

What wrong? You’re seeing a spear that’s not there. Calvert is tugging on his stick to get it back from Detroit’s bench while the Detroit bench holds it away from him. He jumps in to get his stick when Larkin backs away with it.

He had his stick grabbed. no question. But he had his stick back. The side angle shows, as well as the clip above. That he was clear of the bench. And then he lunged back in, and speared (apparently was Bertuzzi). And he got fed when he leaned in.

He didn’t have his stick back. The Detroit bench never let go of it, so he went to grab it since they were interfering with the play on the ice. Since he jumped into the bench to grab it, Bertuzzi and Larkin thought he was attacking them, so they hit him with a cheapshot.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
#27 literally grabs his stick. Are you ****ing blind or just a massive homer?

taco.jpg

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
He didn’t have his stick back. The Detroit bench never let go of it, so he went to grab it since they were interfering with the play on the ice. Since he jumped into the bench to grab it, Bertuzzi and Larkin thought he was attacking them, so they hit him with a cheapshot.

Really, thats what you saw? He jumped into the bench to get his stick back? And that sparked the cheap shots?

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Really, thats what you saw? He jumped into the bench to get his stick back? And that sparked the cheap shots?
Yes. He’s going into the bench to get his stick and since the Detroit players are holding it and him and aren’t letting him go, he goes in swinging. You’re seeing a spear that isn’t there, though, so I don’t know why I’m even arguing with you.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Why do you refuse to see that Rasmussen grabs Calvert's stick?

I dont think youve read all my replies. Ive already said its obvious what started it. Im not sure why Rasmussen didnt get a penalty. Not the first time in the NHL it happened, wont be the last.

My statements are after that, and the punches. I dont care about Rasmussens grab. An angle from Detroits feed showed he had his stick back. And then he lunged back in with a spear. And then he got fed.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Quick gives the shooter the top 1/3 of the net to shoot at.

This hasn't been a good 5 minutes so far.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
They are honoring Figure Skating Great Frank Carroll? Because hockey and figure skating are pretty much the same thing...

Highlight was seeing Michelle Kwan. 38. Looks awesome.

Watching the Canes broadcast, it seems they were also honoring President George H.W. Bush following his death.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Canes apparently have requested to wear the Home Reds on the Road for a few games. The Kings obliged.

Wonder why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->