GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/16/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Effed up as in called a hooking call. So they should ignore all penalties of the game is close?

Sure little hooks get away a lot in these situations, it was a solid hook to an opposing player.

Really tired of all the ref blaming every time a posters team loses.

Cmon bro you know it was terrible.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Okay? lol. You seem mad, man. I can't wait to play you guys again. 6-0-0 since 2008.

Damn, the Leafs dominate the Ducks. Oh well. Making the playoffs, 1-8 since 2005.

Holy ****, I can't wait for Kessel to light you up guys again, or snap your 7 game streak for 3rd time in 3 years.

7 game win streaks in the last 2 years:

Leafs: 0
Ducks: 5

The odds are you guys will have a chance to end the Ducks 7 game win streak :dunno:.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Winnable game for them too, these are the games they need to take so they don't finish last, but they did get a point, so are now ahead of the Canes.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Pretty much the perfect game for the staff to evaluate, as the Oilers were at their very best and very worst.

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago

Naw bro, I don't.

I understand completely being upset,

However powerplays can make or break a game no matter what instance it's called. It's about how the teams perform on them.

What if the Wild, whom had more PPs scored on all of them? They'd likely win and that last PP may not have mattered. Or if your team scored more in the other 58 minutes of the game.

Just another part of a COMPLETE game. Play good the whole game and you can usually negate weak calls.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

First, it was a penalty. Haula's hook caused Kane to lose possession of the puck and because of that the puck bounced out of the offensive zone for the Hawks.

But, I understand that a case can be made that late in a tied game, a penalty should be more egregious than a hook that doesn't result in a breakaway or a good scoring chance for the team taking the penalty.

But it was a penalty. Which is worse - calling that penalty or not calling an egregious penalty such as the one where Sutter blasted Versteeg into the goal which was a clear interference penalty? Or any number of other interference penalties that Suter gets away with every game?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
6-2 says otherwise. I'd say both teams had the same amount of grade A chances if not moreso for the Leafs, Leafs just buried. You guys may have dominated zone time but for the most part the shots came from the outside. I don't understand the fascination with cycling over and over and then getting off a weak shot. The Leafs have actually outshot our opponents or been close in shots (within 5) 7 out of 12 times during this streak. We also have the most goals for in the league, so I wouldn't blame it all on your goalie.

Considering the play style on display tonight I'd say it's conducive to the conference.

The Leafs won and did bury their chances, but if I was a betting man I wouldn't put money on that result happening more often than not after watching how stilted tonight's game was.

Personally I'm feeling really good about how Anaheim played, that type of domination of zone will typically lead to a lot of wins.

Good luck the rest of the season.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
First, it was a penalty. Haula's hook caused Kane to lose possession of the puck and because of that the puck bounced out of the offensive zone for the Hawks.

But, I understand that a case can be made that late in a tied game, a penalty should be more egregious than a hook that doesn't result in a breakaway or a good scoring chance for the team taking the penalty.

But it was a penalty. Which is worse - calling that penalty or not calling an egregious penalty such as the one where Sutter blasted Versteeg into the goal which was a clear interference penalty? Or any number of other interference penalties that Suter gets away with every game?

Watch it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->