GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/16/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
From Twitter:

"The Panthers-Capitals shootout went so long that by the time it ended, it was being played in Quebec City."

:)

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Holy ****, I can't wait for the next collapse.

Your wish might soon come through. Leafs play something like 8 out of their next 9 games on the road so we might see IF they are for real (I know they have a good record on the road so far so calm down Leafs fans :laugh: )

Holy ****, I can't wait for Kessel to light you up guys again, or snap your 7 game streak for 3rd time in 3 years.

Your wish might also come through very soon, next game between Ducks and Leafs is early January.

From Twitter:

"The Panthers-Capitals shootout went so long that by the time it ended, it was being played in Quebec City."

:)

:handclap: :laugh:

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
I just noticed in the boxscore between the Caps and the Panthers that Jokinen shot 3 times in the shootout (4th, 7th and 19th). Is that a scoring mistake (should have been only twice if I'm not mistaken) or did he really shoot 3 times?

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I just noticed in the boxscore between the Caps and the Panthers that Jokinen shot 3 times in the shootout (4th, 7th and 19th). Is that a scoring mistake (should have been only twice if I'm not mistaken) or did he really shoot 3 times?

Only 4th and 19th. He, Bjugstad, Ovi, and Backstrom all shot twice.

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
Refs effed up in Chicago led to gwg

Effed up as in called a hooking call. So they should ignore all penalties of the game is close?

Sure little hooks get away a lot in these situations, it was a solid hook to an opposing player.

Really tired of all the ref blaming every time a posters team loses.

Ralphy*

Effed up as in called a hooking call. So they should ignore all penalties of the game is close?

Sure little hooks get away a lot in these situations, it was a solid hook to an opposing player.

Really tired of all the ref blaming every time a posters team loses.

Agreed. Refs are the one group I refuse to blame almost without fail, unless something like the Senators kick-goal a few years ago happens :laugh:

Just ignore it though. People just get upset when they lose and like to make up excuses.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
That's a really strange thing to complain about when the game is locked away

Obviously refs trying to prevent fireworks

I'm not a Blues fan, far from it (although I am a Reaves fan). I had just turned the game on to see the 2 goals by the Blues but that penalty was brutal. I am an NHL reffing hater and that was one more for the portfolio, this year has been awful

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Nah. Goalie was the difference tonight, no denying that. Leafs allowing over 40 shots a game is not a healthy system.

6-2 says otherwise. I'd say both teams had the same amount of grade A chances if not moreso for the Leafs, Leafs just buried. You guys may have dominated zone time but for the most part the shots came from the outside. I don't understand the fascination with cycling over and over and then getting off a weak shot. The Leafs have actually outshot our opponents or been close in shots (within 5) 7 out of 12 times during this streak. We also have the most goals for in the league, so I wouldn't blame it all on your goalie.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
And I think it is safe to say the Flames are now crashing back to earth!!! No playoffs for you guys! This was inevitable to be sure....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad