GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/12/19- 12 games !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
haha. I was pretty surprised to see him start on the 3rd line tho. Is that only to get him going or?

They've done that last 4 or 5 games to start the game then usually he's with backlund and Monahan quickly. Although last game I believe he stayed there all game.

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
They've done that last 4 or 5 games to start the game then usually he's with backlund and Monahan quickly. Although last game I believe he stayed there all game.

I’m happy the Flames have turned things around. They are pretty much the only canadian team I like except for the Leafs of course. Big Dave was fantastic tonight

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
haha. I was pretty surprised to see him start on the 3rd line tho. Is that only to get him going or?
The new coach is trying to balance the attack by spreading the scoring punch among 3 lines thus making it more difficult for the opposition to defend and easier for those lines to score. It seems to be working as the Flames are now 7-0-0 under the new coach.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
How many of those high danger scoring chances occured during the 1-1/2 minutes that the Leafs were playing 5 on 3 against the Flames?

Courtesy of Natural Stat Trick (Natural Stat Trick)
Capture.JPG

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Well there you go... 5 on 5 it was 11-10 for the Leafs. Hardly anything to write home about.... plus the Leafs got that fake tripping penalty that was called on Jankowski when in fact the Leafs are lucky they didn't get a diving penalty.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Well there you go... 5 on 5 it was 11-10 for the Leafs. Hardly anything to write home about.... plus the Leafs got that fake tripping penalty that was called on Jankowski when in fact the Leafs are lucky they didn't get a diving penalty.

So we don't count powerplays?

Also, it was a toe pick.. I'd say a penalty wasn't deserved either way.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So we don't count powerplays?

Also, it was a toe pick.. I'd say a penalty wasn't deserved either way.
Sure it was.. yep...toe pick. Engvall saw Janko's stick hit his stick and he folded like a cheap suit. The league should save that play as a video of what is NOT a tripping penalty but a perfect example of a diving penalty and show it at the next NHL referee training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->