GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/10/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Ah well. You guys can be pompous about it until the weekend.

I'm not being pompous about it. The Leafs objectively played horribly save for Reimer and stole a win in the shootout. The Wings according to some fans have a habit of playing like this and coming out with the loss anyway.

Not that I necessarily agree, but still.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
lol I love the parade planning after that hilarious win. Just gonna make it even funnier when the Leafs collapse and miss the playoffs yet again.

Good game by Reimer, the rest of the Leafs were laughably bad, though. Everyone on the Wings looked pretty good with the exception of Ericsson.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Did I hear right that the Wings have had 13 games when the other team is playing a back to back while they are rested and only 3 times where it has been the other way around? That better even out over the season.

Yes, Wings get a very favorable schedule this season.

Ralphy*

Only Leafs fans... Get disgustingly outshot, goalie saves game, leafs are superior and Detroit is bad. :laugh:

Detroit is average and they're lucky Toronto was playing back to back. Alrighty.

Nobody ever called Detroit bad, and if they did, I certainly missed it.

Regardless, I personally don't think Detroit is bad at all. I think they're a very good team. But I also don't think the Leafs are a bad team, or even half as bad as they played tonight.

Because they were tired, and Detroit wasn't.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
The point was they played like garbage tonight. And he was saying the Wings tend to lose games like this.

They did the same thing with Buffalo earlier in the season. At least that would make more sense.

He didn't say Wings tend to lose games like this, he said they lose to garbage teams, insinuating the Leafs are garbage, as are you comparing them to Buffalo.

Only Leafs fans... Get disgustingly outshot, goalie saves game, leafs are superior and Detroit is bad. :laugh:

No one said Detroit is bad, every single Leafs fan has been responding to the guy who said Toronto is garbage. We know the Leafs played like ****. No need to make up a false argument

Ralphy*

lol I love the parade planning after that hilarious win. Just gonna make it even funnier when the Leafs collapse and miss the playoffs yet again.

Good game by Reimer, the rest of the Leafs were laughably bad, though. Everyone on the Wings looked pretty good with the exception of Ericsson.

Literally everybody is saying that the Leafs didn't really deserve to win, including Leafs fans. You're just assuming we are planning some parade.

People do the funniest stuff when they're upset about losing.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

And we still got the two points babyyyyyyy. Feel it

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
He didn't say Wings tend to lose games like this, he said they lose to garbage teams, insinuating the Leafs are garbage, as are you comparing them to Buffalo.

Whatever interpretation you make or get is fine, I am just saying what would make the most sense.

Ralphy*

I'm not being pompous about it. The Leafs objectively played horribly save for Reimer and stole a win in the shootout. The Wings according to some fans have a habit of playing like this and coming out with the loss anyway.

Not that I necessarily agree, but still.

I'd say that Kessel played well too, but yeah. Pretty much just him and Reimer played well enough to win most games.

Ralphy*

So what would you call Toronto in March and April of 2014? Not garbage? :sarcasm:

I personally would call it irrelevant to the argument.

But ignoring its irrelevance, yeah. They were garbage in March and April of 2014. You win? I guess?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Time to bump a Taylor Hall thread?

eta:

seeing the replays over and over I still don't get how he was so slow there letting Kesler blow by him. Was he at the end of a shift?

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Wings will come back really angry on Saturday. Leafs are going to have to play a hell of a lot better to stand a chance

Ralphy*

Wings will come back really angry on Saturday. Leafs are going to have to play a hell of a lot better to stand a chance

Yeah, I'd honestly be surprised if the Leafs win on Saturday.

That being said, the Wings will be more tired than the Leafs on Saturday, seeing as Detroit will be on the back-to-back that game unlike tonight.

Bps21*

Time to bump a Taylor Hall thread?

eta:

seeing the replays over and over I still don't get how he was so slow there letting Kesler blow by him. Was he at the end of a shift?

Couldn't have been. If he was we all know that he beelines it for the bench no matter the game situation. That ***** someone else's problem.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
They'll have 2 days rest this time.

Because puck luck is unfair, they will probably lose just because of that.

The hockey gods are cruel.

Leafs were playing a back to back. Of course Detroit looked better. They should have beaten a tired team.

Just because a team played a back-to-back doesn't mean they should get almost run out of the building. Teams win after playing back-to-backs all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->