GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/26/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
they had the cali road trip which is historically one of our hardest and now 5 games in 8 days including a back to back i believe it was a fine win.

leafs led in scoring chances 30- 27 with high danger chances equal at 10 a piece.
yep, also Leafs were never trailing so they could relax and cruise to the easy win. Pastrnak is an incredibly talented player though

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Te
Yeah, been a tough schedule.

I am looking forward to finally seeing the full line up together. Toronto is the only team in the NHL to not ice a full roster all season. #34 and #29, are going to be an instant spark plug for the entire team when back.
Technically the Habs haven't had Weber all year either.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
this is such like an old man Facebook post

this literally hasn't been funny, ever, especially not 10 years from its first iteration

jesus get some new material

It's funny how after 10 years it's still applicable.

Reactions: BrickAHL

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Yeah, been a tough schedule.

I am looking forward to finally seeing the full line up together. Toronto is the only team in the NHL to not ice a full roster all season. #34 and #29, are going to be an instant spark plug for the entire team when back.

Yeah there is absolutely no way this is true, but that's cute that you feel like such a victim

Krug was gone for the Bruins until October 30th and by that point McAvoy was gone and hasn't returned since, as well as many others for the Bruins

Did you just make this up off the top of your head so you could feel better?

Reactions: Drakon

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Columbus holds and interferes so much. Detroit is a bad hockey team but man this might be the most uneventful 6-4 game I’ve ever seen.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah there is absolutely no way this is true, but that's cute that you feel like such a victim

Krug was gone for the Bruins until October 30th and by that point McAvoy was gone and hasn't returned since, as well as many others for the Bruins

Did you just make this up off the top of your head so you could feel better?
why would Leafs fans feel like victims? It feels great that they're such a good team despite missing two top players

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
It's funny how after 10 years it's still applicable.

Again one of your own fans just made up some bullshit stat that the Leafs are the "only team to not ice a full roster all year"

But yes I'm sure the Bruins are the only team full of shit

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Was listening to the Sens-Rangers game on the radio tonight as I had some work to do and I don't know if they showed it on TV but supposedly Lundqvist had the puck in his glove and went to give it to a young girl in the crowd and she thought he was giving her the actual glove (didn't see the puck inside of it I guess) and grabbed the glove with both hands to take it off his hand. :)

Reactions: dukeofjive

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I'll remember this the next time Bruin fans posts the oh so original "Plan The Parade!" type of comment to Leaf fans.
...or 1967.... or game seven...

Good teams finds ways to win games, as we were told when the Bruins beat us when we had Sparks in on a b2b and no Matthews earlier in the year.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
To be fair, that was Detroit's game for most of the last decade.

I’m pretty sure we were the ones famous for starting the possession game trend, although yeah people loved to complain about interference when they lost to us.

Interference was nothing compared to how it is now though. I hate it honestly. I somewhat understand it with how fast the game is, but I still don’t like what every team is allowed to get away with now.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
this is such like an old man Facebook post

this literally hasn't been funny, ever, especially not 10 years from its first iteration

jesus get some new material

It's better than "plan the parade" or anything "1967", not great, but there are worse.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I’m pretty sure we were the ones famous for starting the possession game trend, although yeah people loved to complain about interference when they lost to us.

Interference was nothing compared to how it is now though. I hate it honestly. I somewhat understand it with how fast the game is, but I still don’t like what every team is allowed to get away with now.
I'm not talking about the last cup team so much as the post 2010 Wings. They seemed to play hockey like it was early 90s basketball.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
It's better than "plan the parade" or anything "1967", not great, but there are worse.

the difference is 1967 is a legit chirp

some fabrication that the Bruins have some wheel of excuses (when was anyone clamoring dirty hit this game) after every loss is just stupid

you can chirp the Oilers for sucking after 3 straight first overalls

but to your point the "plan the parade" chirps are along the same vein as the "wheel of excuses"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad