GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/19/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Solid hockey entertainment. I watched most of Pitts vs Buff and then Habs Caps. He makes a beauty glove save against Backstrom who essentially walks in the slot. That last save on Ovechkin was incredible, remarkable. Wilson steals the puck with less than 3 seconds, Ovechkin one time, I think Price gets all blocker no post. Price secures 1 point, could have been 2. Holtby never allowed a goal, that was fun hockey.

Reactions: troyerlaw

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It was a fun period and a great one by Bolts but you can't expect to beat Nashville after playong the first two periods the way they did.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Brayden Point seeing that puck in the crease behind Rinne:

ywtUFDn.png

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
Solid hockey entertainment. I watched most of Pitts vs Buff and then Habs Caps. He makes a beauty glove save against Backstrom who essentially walks in the slot. That last save on Ovechkin was incredible, remarkable. Wilson steals the puck with less than 3 seconds, Ovechkin one time, I think Price gets all blocker no post. Price secures 1 point, could have been 2. Holtby never allowed a goal, that was fun hockey.

Speed and skill and goals and saves. Complete package of fun.

Reactions: troyerlaw

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Not a Flames fan in the least but I am over the moon with how terrible Vegas is this year. All of last year seemed like everything went perfectly right for them. Nice to see it evening out

My theory is that last year every player on the VGK was ticked off as he saw himself "unwanted" by the teams as they went unprotected; some players were picked because other GMs gave GMGM to pick specific players

so all the players rallied around each other. They went to SCF and now they are coasting.

Just FYI this is just my gut feeling for 3 to 4 games I've watched VGK play I think they just had bad luck

Last edited:

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
why did Tampa waste 30 seconds trying to get the perfect rush down the ice?
Yeah that's about right. This team has all the talent they'll ever need, but always over passing and looking for the perfect play. Wish Cooper could teach them some killer instinct. Point and Gourde have it and they've become the stars on the team.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Love the line combos that Lavi is running right now. Sending Fiala down sent the message and lit a fire under him. He was pressuring all night. TBL had a tough time getting out of their own end for much of the first 40 minutes because of the 3rd and 4th lines NSH iced tonight.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
My theory is that last year every player on the VGK was ticked off as he saw himself "unwanted" by the teams as they went unprotected; some players were picked because other GMs gave GMGM to pick specific players

so all the players rallied around each other. They went to SCF and now they are coasting.

Just FYI this is just my gut feeling for 3 to 4 games I've watched VGK play I think they just had bad luck

That’s exactly what I think. Was a feel good story that went way too far. Everyone has come back down to Earth

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
They might wait until they have an agreement with a replacement but yeah, he is done.
Don't worry about having a replacement lined up. Name one of the assistants the interim HC, let the next 3 games play out under "it wouldn't have been worse if we still had Yeo running the show," work on your eventual replacement from there.

Unless, DA gives some lame "vote of confidence" or he's been told by management that ~$87 million on player salaries and they're not writing more checks to make up for problems he didn't fix. In which case, the next 3 games may be fun to watch. [And by "fun" I mean "a total dumpster fire."]

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I don’t understand the Preds being so good against TB the way they’ve been the last few years. Even when they’re bad like they were 3 weeks ago they still beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad