GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/16/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
What Chiarelli has done to Edmonton is unforgivable and he should be blackballed from the game.

Say what you want about Mike Milbury, but he never wasted a generational talent.

McDavid has plenty of time to get his team success but they are gonna have to remake the that team somehow, starting with the blueline. At least they have Bouchard and Nurse to get them started.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I don’t think McLellan lasts another week. If they lose the home opener, he’s gone. Chia will feel the heat and fire him

Yeah but his replacement will be Guletzen and I don't think he is anything special either.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I look at Edmonton and Connor McDavid and I find many similarities to Mike Trout. Generational Talent that is seemingly rotting away on a mediocre to bad team. He also has a somewhat similar personality to Trout, kind of that introverted attitude. It almost seems like Matthews is passing McDavid by, which is a bit of a shame.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I don’t think McLellan lasts another week. If they lose the home opener, he’s gone. Chia will feel the heat and fire him

Hope chiarelli is also gone. He’s the one that put this awful roster together and they still have no secondary scoring or defense and no money to do anything about it because he blew through it all on bad contracts and signings

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I look at Edmonton and Connor McDavid and I find many similarities to Mike Trout. Generational Talent that is seemingly rotting away on a mediocre to bad team. He also has a somewhat similar personality to Trout, kind of that introverted attitude. It almost seems like Matthews is passing McDavid by, which is a bit of a shame.
its a long season. mcdavid has consistancy. do you really think matthews can keep up his 45% shooting %? lol...

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
It gets worse for Edmonton:

If they fire McLellan, Glen Gulutzan probably becomes the coach

If they fire Chiarelli, Wayne Gretzky probably becomes the GM

If I were an Oilers' fan:

tenor.gif

Reactions: bukwas

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I never blamed him dude

Some of you need to avoid the GDT if you cant take any criticsm at all.

I simply called him meh, an average goalie.
Im sure you can understand how some would think that you saying that, right after a goal, would appear like you were blamimg Talbot? I dont think anyone was upset ....cant you take criticism for your comments?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Yeah but his replacement will be Guletzen and I don't think he is anything special either.

Yeah, I don’t expect his replacement to be better but firing him takes the Oilers one step closer to firing Chia.

I’m still baffled that Chiarelli made no real improvements to the roster and just assumed that last year was a fluke.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Im sure you can understand how some would think that you saying that, right after a goal, would appear like you were blamimg Talbot? I dont think anyone was upset ....cant you take criticism for your comments?

I’m down for any criticism, but when you start the post hostile, you can expect a bite back.

Can’t we have a simple discussion?

Also slick goal by 97

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
McDavid continues to be involved in 100% of the Oilers goals. That's both amazing and sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad