GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/13/2021 - lets KICK off day two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Tippett forces them to play a defensive shell, zone d style. The Oilers don’t have the horses for that strategy.

square peg, round hole… arrogant and stubborn idiot at the helm.

How much of it is the players and how much of it is the coach?

Like, would a different coach trying to go in a defensive shell do better than Tippett?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
The way he celebrated, looked like they won a cup instead choking away a 2-0 lead and barely winning the first regular season game. He should thank idiot Green for not putting Horvat as the 2nd or 3rd shooter in the shootout.
you're not allowed to be pumped up after winning game 1? You've got some tough rules. Dont be mad.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
How much of it is the players and how much of it is the coach?

Like, would a different coach trying to go in a defensive shell do better than Tippett?

They just should continue to play aggressive forechecking hockey… the game that had them up 2-0.

Reactions: snipes

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
They just should continue to play aggressive forechecking hockey… the game that had them up 2-0.
the game that had them up 2-0 with one on the PP and the other o a defensive breakdown?? Canucks outshot Oilers 38-34 so it was not like Oilers dominated the Canucks the whole game but more like an even game or maybe Canucks being better on forecheck most of the game. Smith was a wall for 2 periods then crumbled as usual with a weak goal. If anything Oilers would lose with Koskinen in. I think it was a game of luck and both goalies were outstanding while both matched up evenly.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
you're not allowed to be pumped up after winning game 1? You've got some tough rules. Dont be mad.
Am not mad, am just saying he was pumping those fist and dancing and jumping lol. I mean its ok to celebrate a regular season shootout win but not like you won a cup. For a second I thought the oilers players were all gonna jump onto him and then hold him up high.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Should've had Horvat shoot 3rd when they had a chance to win. But Garland did come close (had he hit the net)

Oh well. It was a good comeback.
Cmon I was yelling at Green for not starting Horvat as top 3. Should have been Pettersson-Horvat-Garland...we know Miller always does that slow skate across the ice for a shot which all the goalies across the league know.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Holy Hell
Seth Jones got destroyed tonight
I am fully doubling down with how bad that trade, and contract are.
FBolrxLWUAAD0ds

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I think with Boeser on that 1st PP instead of Chiasson, they would win in regulation.
Chiasson does all the right things on the PP. is in the right places and gets the puck, but he can’t finish. Same story with the oilers the last two years. Frustrating player but you have applaud his determination.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Am not mad, am just saying he was pumping those fist and dancing and jumping lol. I mean its ok to celebrate a regular season shootout win but not like you won a cup. For a second I thought the oilers players were all gonna jump onto him and then hold him up high.
Smith is singlehandedly the reason Edmonton won(outside of Canucks being ass on the power play). He deserved that celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad