GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/10/19 - So that's where all our hockey games were hiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Picking Jamie Benn instead of Roope Hintz to shoot is a terrible idea.

Good that they lost the shootout, deserved that one.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Picking Jamie Benn instead of Roope Hintz to shoot is a terrible idea.

Good that they lost the shootout, deserved that one.

Pavelski is also very good in the shootout. Was always the Sharks first shooter.

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
The flow of the game is suddenly halted and the pace of the game is altered. That’s what I don’t like. If the offside isn’t egregious or obvious enough for the refs to not call it during the game, then I don’t think it should be called at all.

I dunno. If I am cheering for one team, and the other team commits an infraction, and the refs just skip it, for whatever reason, I think that is more annoying. If they ignored it for such aesthetic reasons as "pace of game" or "the resulting goal was pretty" then that's just silly, imho.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Uh huh.

And if Gaudreau got hauled down on a breakaway I'm certain you'd be singing the same tune.

Right? :laugh:

Well if Gaudreau got hauled down I would likely complain but since that isn't what happened on that play not sure what it has to do with what I posted.

If gaudreau did what Radulov did I would be pissed at him that he went for the contact to draw a penalty instead of trying score.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I dunno. If I am cheering for one team, and the other team commits an infraction, and the refs just skip it, for whatever reason, I think that is more annoying. If they ignored it for such aesthetic reasons as "pace of game" or "the resulting goal was pretty" then that's just silly, imho.
Agreed on the prettiness of the goal - I don’t care about that. As for the pace of the game, I think that more goes against the spirit of the sport than anything to do with aesthetics.

Reactions: AaronDellForPrez

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well if Gaudreau got hauled down I would likely complain but since that isn't what happened on that play not sure what it has to do with what I posted.

If gaudreau did what Radulov did I would be pissed at him that he went for the contact to draw a penalty instead of trying score.

Just to clarify, you are suggesting that Radulov willingly gave up a breakaway chance, so that he could get a breakaway chance?

Sure, that makes sense.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Just to clarify, you are suggesting that Radulov willingly gave up a breakaway chance, so that he could get a breakaway chance?

Sure, that makes sense.

I'm saying he realized he was going to get caught and tried to draw the penalty rather than just have the puck taken away from him.

And with today's reffing it makes sense and it worked tonight he got the undeserved call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad