Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
NHL 22.JPG

Reactions: hn777 and Tofveve

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Shouldn't the faceoff have been on the side that Savard put the puck out of play?

Friedman is a brutal analyst btw.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I wonder if they were planning out their play based on the faceoff being on the left side. Or maybe the center is stronger on the left side than the right side for faceoff?
One of those 2. But I don't know what the ruling was, or what the rule should be.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
NHL announces rule changes for 2019-20 season

FACE-OFFS FOLLOWING AN ICING & TO BEGIN A POWER-PLAY: Following an icing as well as at the beginning of any power-play, the offensive team will have the choice of which end zone dot the face-off will take place.

Don't know if that was the crux of Maurice's hissy fit or not. If it is then he oughta be fired for not knowing the rules and getting his boys set up right.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
NHL announces rule changes for 2019-20 season

FACE-OFFS FOLLOWING AN ICING & TO BEGIN A POWER-PLAY: Following an icing as well as at the beginning of any power-play, the offensive team will have the choice of which end zone dot the face-off will take place.

Don't know if that was the crux of Maurice's hissy fit or not. If it is then he oughta be fired for not knowing the rules and getting his boys set up right.
I think he was pissed because the faceoff should have been at the dot nearest to Savard when he deflected the puck out. It was instead at the dot nearest to where the puck was initially passed by Wheeler.

85.1 Puck Out of Bounds - When a puck goes outside the playing area at either end or either side of the rink, strikes any obstacles above the playing surface other than the boards or glass, causes the glass, lighting, timing device or the supports to break, it shall be faced-off at the nearest face-off spot in the zone from where it was shot or deflected out of play.

Reactions: swimmer77

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I think he was pissed because the faceoff should have been at the dot nearest to Savard when he deflected the puck out. It was instead at the dot nearest to where the puck was initially passed by Wheeler.

85.1 Puck Out of Bounds - When a puck goes outside the playing area at either end or either side of the rink, strikes any obstacles above the playing surface other than the boards or glass, causes the glass, lighting, timing device or the supports to break, it shall be faced-off at the nearest face-off spot in the zone from where it was shot or deflected out of play.

IDK. The bolded seems to cover either side. LOL I know it was a pass but I think I have seen this before where they faceoff from where the last "controlled" play was. Maybe the officials played a quick game of odds/evens to decide.

Reactions: Del Preston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad