GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/20/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Lol. I can't say much cause my team is just as low in the standings. BUT seriously... at what point does McDavid drop the humble persona and speak out for more talent or get out of EDM? Obviously easier said than done and he'd receive a lot of criticism... but man I can't help but feel really bad for the guy and the city of Edmonton.

How can he get out though? Demand a trade? That's a hell of a cap hit for another team to take - I'm sure they can get Edmonton to eat some of it (wait it's Chia, maybe all of it baha). But what do you give back to Edmonton for him?
It would end up being a colossal trade.

Reactions: Default

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
i can't believe i'm feeling sorry for the oilers after all the **** some of their fans talked after their miracle season, but this is just sad to watch

Yeah I remember they were pretty arrogant and already planning the Stanley Cup parade - oof

Then again they aren't the only fan base on here who can be super annoying

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I don’t believe he would demand a trade. Not at this point, if ever.

It’s not really in his personality. I truly believe that this point he still wants to be a part of the solution in Edmonton and win there. Obviously, it’s been frustrating to say the least.

I’m sure that the thoughts of what things could be like had that lottery have yielded a different result does his cross his mind from time to time all the same.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
They need to lose for a change. Connor carrying that team to squeek in and lose in 4 or 5 games just buys Chia more time

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Darnell Nurse is a tank commander!

What happened to this guy ?? He must not have been taught the IQ and thinking part of hockey as he was probably always just bigger and faster than everyone.

But now he looks like an ECHL player.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
What an embarrassing effort by the Oilers. I feel bad for people who still go to these Oil games.. they arent cheap either just because the team os bad.

Oilers picked the wrong game.to stink up the barn, this game is on national tv.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
How are the Canes so bad?
They have good young core of players on offense and their D seems pretty good

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
How can he get out though? Demand a trade? That's a hell of a cap hit for another team to take - I'm sure they can get Edmonton to eat some of it (wait it's Chia, maybe all of it baha). But what do you give back to Edmonton for him?
It would end up being a colossal trade.
Yeah that's essentially what I meant by "easier said than done". It's all just unfortunate, really. I really wish (we almost all do) that I could see him on another team.

Reactions: Heath

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The Oil D structure has lost itself after the first 10 under Hitch.

Congrats to Nino. Forget the goals, his aggressive forecheck fits Car like a glove.

Reactions: Tryamw

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Oilers have a chance to redeem themselves against the Red Wings on Tuesday night.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
AC3E18n.jpg

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Can the league step in and demand the Oilers trade McDavid to a team that isn't an incompetent joke to the sporting world?

Slightly serious. This is just disgusting watching the worlds best player play for such a dumpster fire of an organization.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah I remember they were pretty arrogant and already planning the Stanley Cup parade - oof

Then again they aren't the only fan base on here who can be super annoying
Name one fan base that cant be super annoying?

Reactions: koyvoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad