GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/20/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
The Oiler team tonight is not the same team I saw last night against the Flames.

And yet the same sad result seems to be on the cards. I feel bad for the fan base. and I'm starting to feel bad for Hitchcock. I don't think there is enough genuine talent on the roster for this team to be competitive on a regular basis

Reactions: TheRealPepman

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You are welcome Canes

Looked like the Flames sucked the life out of the Oilers already for you. lol

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs are playing ****. That's a statement. It's a true one too. What do you want me to say?
Leafs are playing amazing, but Arizona is playing elite? Lol arizona playing well. Leafs are pkyplay like ****.
I can also say the reffing has been bad. It's definitely not the reason why the leafs are losing.

You're not wrong. The refs did suck tonight. 4 PPs for Arizona and only 1 for the Leafs? Yeah, those refs need to learn to count. That being said, the Leafs also played like shit, and the referees are not the reason they lost. But both the Leafs as well as the zebras need to be better.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
And yet the same sad result seems to be on the cards. I feel bad for the fan base. and I'm starting to feel bad for Hitchcock. I don't think there is enough genuine talent on the roster for this team to be competitive on a regular basis

They lucked out on McDavid so I dont feel bad at all.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You're not wrong. The refs did suck tonight. 4 PPs for Arizona and only 1 for the Leafs? Yeah, those refs need to learn to count. That being said, the Leafs also played like ****, and the referees are not the reason they lost. But both the Leafs as well as the zebras need to be better.
There’s no rule that says penalties need to be equal.
Missed calls both ways. It’s just human nature to focus on the ones that were missed against the team we happen to cheer for.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
There’s no rule that says penalties need to be equal.
Missed calls both ways. It’s just human nature to focus on the ones that were missed against the team we happen to cheer for.

I'm not saying there is a rule like that, but I watched the game, and the Coyotes were by no means significantly more disciplined than the Leafs were. I've seen games where Toronto's opponent has had a lopsided number of PPs in their favour, and the Leafs deserved it. This wasn't one of those situations. I just think the refs did a poor job tonight. But again, the Leafs only have themselves to blame for the loss.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
They lucked out on McDavid so I dont feel bad at all.

To anybody who truly loves the sport (and is able to put aside the absurd amount of money these people get paid), we as fans should feel bad that so many fantastic players have had to start their careers in Edmonton.
Some have been lucky enough to go elsewhere and succeed - others have failed to realise their potential (because of an inability to developer young players in Edmonton) and disappeared into a void. Others remain trapped, slowly rotting away and thinking about what might have been

Reactions: No Draft

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
Lol. I can't say much cause my team is just as low in the standings. BUT seriously... at what point does McDavid drop the humble persona and speak out for more talent or get out of EDM? Obviously easier said than done and he'd receive a lot of criticism... but man I can't help but feel really bad for the guy and the city of Edmonton.

Reactions: Heath

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
I don't think I've been this sad watching a game, and I don't even like the Oilers. Do they ever smile after a goal? Is it just Draisaitl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->