GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/11/19 - Lots of 1s, but only 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Gibson was alright but the Pens missed so many chances. How Rust had a 75% empty net and managed to shoot it straight into Gibson’s pads is just how the Pens night is going.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Should of just been named in the first place. The NHL and the media associated with are it clueless about what goes on in this league. Their writers didn't think he was in the top 20 for defenseman just this offseason.

In their defense he only had 38 points last season and 39 the year before.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'm not even saying he should. Just genuinely wondering what that team's direction is. I don't watch a whole lot of Detroit. There is Larkin and...? Who else is good?

Rebuild is almost in reverse. They've got a great supporting cast and are just getting around to getting the core.

Got Larkin, (22) Mantha, (24) AA, (24) Rasmussen, (19) and Bert. (23) Still to add Zadina, and have a pretty damn good chance at adding Kakko or Hughes. I actually really like Larkin, Zadina, and Hughes/Kakko as a core group of forwards with those other guys surrounding them.

Defense is still lacking a bit, but Cholo and Hronek are showing a lot of promise.

Now goaltending... Yeah, no idea where that's going.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Rebuild is almost in reverse. They've got a great supporting cast and are just getting around to getting the core.

Got Larkin, (22) Mantha, (24) AA, (24) Rasmussen, (19) and Bert. (23) Still to add Zadina, and have a pretty damn good chance at adding Kakko or Hughes. I actually really like Larkin, Zadina, and Hughes/Kakko as a core group of forwards with those other guys surrounding them.

Defense is still lacking a bit, but Cholo and Hronek are showing a lot of promise.

Now goaltending... Yeah, no idea where that's going.
Dahlin wouldve been perfect for u guys. The Lidstrom replacement.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Should of just been named in the first place. The NHL and the media associated with are it clueless about what goes on in this league. Their writers didn't think he was in the top 20 for defenseman just this offseason.
As explained on Sportsnet there was no way Gio was going to be named to the Pacific team by the NHL.
There are 11 players on each team and there are 8 teams in the division and each team has to have a representative so there's 8 players right there. The game is being held in San Jose so the NHL is going to stack the team with Sharks and they did by inviting 3 of them.
The league had already invited 3 d-men. No way they were going to invite a 4th when they are playing 3 vs 3 hockey.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Dahlin wouldve been perfect for u guys. The Lidstrom replacement.

Ya, Howard was too good for the first quarter of last season. Kinda screwed our chances at that, but I'm still liking the Zadina pick.

Kinda hoping the issues with Trouba in Winnipeg are what everybody keeps pointing to, and that he wants to go home. Nothing against them, but that'd definitely solve a problem for us.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Ya, Howard was too good for the first quarter of last season. Kinda screwed our chances at that, but I'm still liking the Zadina pick.

Kinda hoping the issues with Trouba in Winnipeg are what everybody keeps pointing to, and that he wants to go home. Nothing against them, but that'd definitely solve a problem for us.
If Wings can somehow acquire Trouba without giving up a core piece, draft top 2 this year and Zadina turns into a top 6 forward than u have something special brewing there.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If Wings can somehow acquire Trouba without giving up a core piece, draft top 2 this year and Zadina turns into a top 6 forward than u have something special brewing there.

I was getting at signing him as a UFA. :)

Granted, that's a massive maybe.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

If yer aunt had balls, she’d be yer uncle.

Sorry, that was immature. I’m just not a fan of the massive “what if” game. Crotchety old man and all.

I will show myself out.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Frolik with a goal and 2 assists this game. Flames depth players stepping up.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
I think my completely meaningless pet peeve is players like Tkachuk, Marner, and Kane used to be, where they have the mouth guard but even while on the ice it’s never in. Just a nothing observation, no idea why it irritates me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad